Weird irregular cycles after birth control??!!

babyjan

Mum&expecting#2
Reaction score
I got depo back in November 2012 didn't get no period or any bleeding till August this year (9 months later) normal period lasted about 5 days then a two day bleed two weeks later then I got a period twice in October once on the 13th then again on the 26th! Exactly 28 days later on 22nd November I got a period which I thought great, perhaps I'm becoming regular again yaay so I'm suppose to be on cd14 today and my period is back again!!!

When will they become normal again??!!! :cry:

Anyone else in similar situation?

Doesn't look like this year will bring me a BFP :(

I know exactly how you feel, as I have been in this situation for way over a year. I started birth control a good four years ago now, with a few odd month breaks inbetween.

Each time I didn't have a period, and I was sure enough I was pregnant - what else would you think when your nine months late.

But anyhow, I have been TTC for around five months now, and I have noticed I am starting to have regular periods now. I am taking, "Seven Sea's Trying For A Baby". As they claim to help hormone balance.

I am pretty sure I have not been ovulating since I started the contraceptive pill four years ago, but then maybe I just have not been noticing them.

I heard it can take awhile to get back to a regular cycle after birth control. It depends on how high the hormones were in your depo shot. I've only ever been on the bcp and after I stopped taking that it took 4 months for my cycles to regulate themselves(it wasn't even a high hormone bcp either it was the mini pill supposedly) so Im not too sure hun:nope: sorry I couldnt be of more help goodluck though:hugs:

My AF was missing in action after the depo. I spoke to my GP and ended up with 3 months supply of the pill. I took it for a couple of months and my cycles returned and we're 27 days regular.

I know you don't want to be taking anything else if you're hoping for a BFP but I think those 2 months saved me from more months of messed up cycles. :hugs:

My AF was missing in action after the depo. I spoke to my GP and ended up with 3 months supply of the pill. I took it for a couple of months and my cycles returned and we're 27 days regular.

I know you don't want to be taking anything else if you're hoping for a BFP but I think those 2 months saved me from more months of messed up cycles. :hugs:

Hello and congratulations!

How long were you off depo before you got your bfp?

I'm just gonna wait it out, I think it was just a strange mid cycle bleed rather than an actual period because it was very light and it didn't even go on the (tmi) pad. The actual reddish blood only lasted for a day!

Thanks!

I started the pill just over a couple of months after the depo ran out and I got my BFP about a year after but we were more NTNP. I did worry it was never going to happen but it does!

Could it be ovulation bleeding? If it's happening mid cycle and light.

Thanks!

I started the pill just over a couple of months after the depo ran out and I got my BFP about a year after but we were more NTNP. I did worry it was never going to happen but it does!

Could it be ovulation bleeding? If it's happening mid cycle and light.

That's what I initially thought! But I've read everywhere ovulation bleeding is red :/

Day one was brown spotting mixed with red, day 2 was light red so it could've possibly been ovulation bleeding, I will test around 22nd so will see :)

It's lovely to read positive stories after depo, because my periods have returned I'm a lil more hopeful, It would have been a different story if I was still without a period lol! x

Yeah I'd read some horror stories about the Depo after I came off it. I'll never go on it again that's for sure!

The bleeding you described sounds exactly what I think was implantation bleeding but I got it about 2-3 days before AF was due. FX and I'll watch for you testing!

I started on th pill, then depo shots, then got rhe implant put in.. got it rekoved after being in for 2 and a half years and had regular cycles from the 1st month. I got pg first time trying with ds1 (6 months after implant out). After ds1 I had to get another depo shot as couldnt get implant in for a while but once I did it was in for a year then bk out... thats when my troubles started... I was only getting a period every 2 to 3 months and once went 4 months without... took me 15 months to conceive ds2. I went straight bk onto the implant after ds2 and have just had it removed to start ntnp for number 3 (removed 28th). Iv had a little light bleeding but nothing major yet... im goin to be using ovulation tests to see when my body gets bk to normal but im kind of hoping my body goes bk to normal. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->