Weird Movies

ZoeyKaspian

Reaction score
I don't know why, but I've been on a weird movie kick/hunt. I've been to the website 366 Weird Movies and I've Googled. I watched Lords of Salem and had to turn it off. My fiance, ironically, had a similar experience yesterday with Synecdoche, New York. He had to turn it off because of the pee in the urine scene. I'd rather not get into the Lords of Salem thing that made me turn off the movie, but I will tell you it is baby related. The Holy Mountain was a movie his friend recommended awhile ago and I literally puked when I watched it and hated it. My fiance had the train wreck situation going on - couldn't stop watching, but knew it was horrible. However, we both like City of the Lost Children and Barton Fink. I'm going to watch Pi, Uncle Boonme Who Can Recall His Past Lives, and Zenith. I am looking for more movies that are weird, though. However, I would like movies that don't involve animal cruelty or rape (I'm not sure if the movies I'm about to watch involve such things, but I'm hoping not). Thanks, guys. :)

Is 'Lords of Salem' a Rob Zombie film? It sounds really familiar.
xx

Anything involving John Waters or David Lynch is usually amazingly weird

Asian cinema is great if you are looking for the weird. Oldboy is probably my biggest recommendation; if you haven't seen it, it's a South Korean film, first of a trilogy and based on a Manga and it's also about to be remade by Spike Lee.

Anything by Todd Solondz is pretty disturbing.

Want a 'weird' movie? The Human Centipede.

My fiance mentions this movie ALL THE TIME. He talks about how weird is constantly, but mentions that it may make me sick.

Is 'Lords of Salem' a Rob Zombie film? It sounds really familiar.

Yes, it is!

Anything involving John Waters or David Lynch is usually amazingly weird

Agreed. Polyster was weird.

Asian cinema is great if you are looking for the weird. Oldboy is probably my biggest recommendation; if you haven't seen it, it's a South Korean film, first of a trilogy and based on a Manga and it's also about to be remade by Spike Lee.

Anything by Todd Solondz is pretty disturbing.

Not too much of a fan of Oldboy, but I will look up Todd Solondz. :)

Me and my oh watched The Human Centipede we enjoyed it was sick some parts

Human Centipede I couldn't watch - it's horrific! Gummo is a crazy movie but I liked it or Enter The Void, have you seen that? It's been slated in reviews but I couldn't stop watching and actually quite liked it. Delicatessen is quite strange but good too imo :flow:

Kung fu hustle
The Happiness of the Katakuris
Survive style 5+

Visitor Q is without doubt the weirdest film I've ever seen with second place to Videodrome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->