Weird question..?

Beautiful11

MammaShanxo
Reaction score
So i twisted my ankle badly back in 2011 my ankle was the size of a tennis ball oops anyway i took up jogging last winter/spring before i conceived and i fell down a rabbit hole :haha: i know i know clumsy it ached for a few days but then went back to normal but the last two days right where i twisted it it hurts so bad almost like i twisted it all over again i went to my midwife two days ago about my aching hips back etc and she put it down to the hormones in my body relaxing etc could this be affecting my old sprain and causing it to ache swell again?! it really is un comfy xx

I was told the same thing by my doctor during my last pregnancy when my wrist and back started acting up. She said the Relaxin can cause ligaments to overstretch, making it much easier to get new injuries and to re-activate old ones. Bummer, but both my wrist and back pain went away within a few days of delivery!

absolutely...she isn't providing misinformation. Our body is connected by the wonderful looooong ligaments. So the ones in your hip stretch all the way down to your foot. As the hormones loosen up muscle and thereby pulling on and loosening ligaments.

the swelling there can be a result of that as well as good old pregnancy swelling.

A lot of people who have had previous ligament pulls or ankle sprains have swelling after being on their feet awhile or strenuous activity. In a lot of cases sprains and pulls are worse than a clean fracture because your ankle is forever weakened and stretched.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->