Weird Question...

Lara310809

Mum of 3 girls
Reaction score
Just wondered what would happen if we were NTNP and got pregnant, and someone asked whether the baby was planned. The majority I would tell to take a hike, but family, I would be honest with.

Would you consider a NTNP baby as 'planned'? It's down to interpretation in my mind, because while we want a baby, we wouldn't be actively trying, but we wouldn't be preventing either :shrug:

i would say planned tbh
as the NTNP way for me seems alot less stressfull and may be the method i go for once i get out of the WTT so I would defo say planned and if my family and friends ask if we were trying i would say yes we are trying for a baby so yer would defo say its planned

I know what you mean, I've thought about this too. :shrug:

I do think though it's a bit of a personal question and if someone asked I'd be thinking.... is it really any of your business? :haha: But if my mum or best friend asked, I'd just tell them the truth, that we were just letting nature take its course.

In my mind if you don't take steps to prevent pregnancy then you must expect to get pregnant, therefore a NTNP pregnancy is planned. You planned to get pregnant you just did it in a casual way.

I'm sure the vast majority of the non baby forum reading population still NTNP and consider it TTC.

I agree that if you aren't preventing pregnancy then it is planned when it happens!

Hubby and me had this conversation the other day - we are trying to have a baby - we just aren't charting and stuff like that. We are having :sex: regularly and not using contraception and hoping it happens!

If anyone asked I'd say planned, but I'd be suprised if anyone actually asked!

We've made the choice to stop contraception so therefore planning :D

In my mind if you don't take steps to prevent pregnancy then you must expect to get pregnant, therefore a NTNP pregnancy is planned. You planned to get pregnant you just did it in a casual way.

I'm sure the vast majority of the non baby forum reading population still NTNP and consider it TTC.

That pretty much sums up my thoughts. :thumbup:

When I was pregnant before, lots of people asked me whether it was planned or not, despite the fact that we'd just got married :wacko: One person even said "pregnant? So that's a good thing, right?" :dohh:

Thanks ladies, I would like to think it's planned too, because you're looking to have a baby eventually anyway.

I've been thinking about this lately myself. I think it would depend on who asked, and I would certainly discuss it with my OH first :)
Some of the people I'm close to already know that we're NTNP, and the rest we would most likely explain it as such. Everyone else it's not really their business, as said above. "Not exactly planned, but not at all unwelcome!" I guess!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->