Weird toenails - is this normal??

charlie07

Reaction score
I have noticed that Gabbi's toenails seem to curl upwards, they are not flat like normal nails, but is that what babys nails are supposed to be like? I confess, I've never studied, my nieces/friends babys toes before so no idea if this is normal or not!

Can anyone shed some light please?

I will get a photo later

Thanks girls x

olivers did this when he was first born. I rimmed them recently, but will have a check when they grow back - see which direction they are facing!!!

Thanks Kat. I tried taking a pic but the camera is old so will have to wait till OH brings better one back!

It's like the nail bed is not flat and that is why they curl up. Not trimmed them yet, her finger nails yes, but her toes are only really starting to grow.

Lewis's are the same, it seems to be more the big toe than the others, I'm not sure if it's normal or not. I'm getting him weighed tomorrow so I'm going to ask the HV whilst I'm there.

Leeons big toe nails go up at the end if thats what you mean but all his other nails are fine x

Lexie's are still flat, they haven't grown much yet but did trim them last night after her bath. x

Thanks girls. At least it looks like it is normal. Yes it is just her big toe, her other toe nails haven't grown, but her big toe has a little and that's where it's curled up, at the end. I'll try to trim them more often, as they grow, so maybe this will help. They are so scratchy, I don't want her scratching herself when she's kicking around.

Jacobs is exactly the same do I guess its normal! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->