Welcome to suck town (question at the end of the rant)

Mdc

Reaction score
You know when you just have the feeling today is not a good day well welcome to hell. Just when you decide to let the idea of this whole thing working out let me introduce you to a dose of reality. Well that day for me was Tuesday. I don't remember much just a couple snippets 'let's switch to a transvaginal US to get a better look' oh God, breath holding, fingers crossing, anxiety building, and then 'unfortunately I do not see a HB'...world imploding. I think I was in shock because I did not cry but who turned up the heat, why are the black walls closing in on me, I really think I am going to pass out. Door closing, husband holding me tight and saying how much he loves me...now queue the waterworks. Welcome to the over achiever club where you are the exclusive 2% that receive crappy news after a successful 8 week US and strong HB. Not to say any loss would be easier, but really 2%! How did all this happen? Not sure exactly but I do know I/we did nothing to cause this, but honestly I am not one for being out of the driver seat (thank you Type A personality). Today is far better than yesterday, tomorrow will be better, as will the day after that. So now I find myself in the anger stage, because what the hell did we do to deserve this? And like a toddler I want to stomp my feet and say this is not fair, because it just isn't. Tomorrow will be hell with the D&C but luckily I will have my pharmaceutical friends to help me get through this. I feel betrayed by my body because I had no idea, I still felt pregnant and no reason to think that this US should be any different than the last two. I am still trying to stay pragmatic about the statistics and the likelihood to this happening again is minimal, but help me after my next BFP because I thought this 10 weeks was hard I cannot imagine next time. So that is my rant and for now I feel better.

I am utterly crushed that so many lovely, amazing women are in this horrific position. It is the kind of 'club' with no demographic boundaries, and not one we sign up for. Now that my rant is over (thanks for reading) here is my question for those of you who had a D&C and sent off the sample to evaluation how long did the results take? What kind of 'things' did they test for?

I'm really sorry for your loss. I had a similar experience with my last pregnancy. Heartbeat at 6 & 8 weeks, and a MMC diagnosed at 11. It's crushing.

My healthcare is through Kaiser, and they do routine testing on all D&C's. They didn't do any chromosomal testing; I believe they'll only do that after recurring issues. I had to track down my results. I didn't know testing had been done until I got a bill for it. (I hate insurance.) It took several phone calls and receiving incorrect results before I finally got really useless information. My procedure was in December 2014 and I got results months later. But like I said, I had to request them. All mine basically said was it was fetal tissue. Gee, thanks.

Hopefully you have better luck with yours. For what it's worth, my D&C was painless with zero recovery. Like, no bleeding or cramping. Just slight spotting for a day or two. I do recommend bringing along some music so you don't have to hear the suction. I'm really glad I did.

Springcrane, I am sorry to hear about your loss. A later mmc is awful.

Crappy insurance, they always get you...and this is coming from someone that works in healthcare insurance. Thanks for filling me in on what they did, and seriously I cannot believe the results just said fetal tissue...what the heck did they expect.

And great idea about the music, and I hope that my procedure will be as uneventful as yours.

I haven't had a D&C, just misoprostol to induce my MMC but I wanted to say that I'm so so SO sorry for your loss <3 .
You described my feelings EXACTLY.
Even your ultrasound experience was so similar to mine. Such a horrible god awful time I hope you're doing okay.

Thank you mummof1, and so sorry you have had to go through this also. So good to hear that I am not alone. I just keep hoping tomorrow and the next day keep getting better and better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->