• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Welcome to the world, Colin. (Birth Story & Picture)

littlemamana

Mommy to Colin
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
It's taken me a while to post this because we had a lot of unplanned events occur. I was in labor for four days, pushed for two hours and ended up with an emergency c-section. If I hadn't have had the section done my baby would not have survived. He had the cord wrapped tightly around his neck three times and was stuck in a very bad position. It was really very scary and I am thanking the Lord every day that he is alive. It's miracles like that that make me believe in God.

He was 7 pounds, 6 ounces at birth and 19 1/2 inches long. He has red hair! He was born on May 6th at 4:16 PM. He is so amazing. I've never felt love like this before. I developed an awful side effect to the anesthesia - a spinal headache - that has yet to go away. I have to lay flat to get any relief. If I sit up or stand up, I throw up. It's been very unpleasant but despite that, I am the happiest I have ever been.

My mom was there through the whole labor and birth process. It was particularly hard for her to be there because she basically had to relive the birth of her first baby who ended up passing away. It was so terrifying for both of us. It was the same exact situation. I've never been so scared in my whole life... but thankfully he is here with us and is healthy! This is the magic of medicine now as compared to medicine 20 years ago.

Thank you all for being here for me throughout my pregnancy. You all really helped me through all of the tough times and answered all of my questions! It's been great to have this resource.

https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/538356_231458286962486_100002949496211_405750_2087903881_n.jpg

Oops, I think I posted this in the wrong section. I'm sorry :(

Sorry you had such a hard time, I can't imagine how scared you were but congratulations :D! He is gorgeous xo

Congratulation he is adorable and thank you for sharing your story:flower:

Wow, he is gorgeous! Hope you have a speedy recovery :flower:

Congratulations he is beautiful what a cutie! Wishing you a speedy recovery xx

Wow! What a perfect little guy. Look at those eyes!! stunning. Congrats!

Hi honey, I've been checking back waiting for your update!
I'm so pleased it all worked out in the end. He's a real cutie. Congratulations....x

I can't imagine how scary it must have been but congrats. He's adorable!!!!

Congrats! Glad everything worked out okay, he's too cute. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->