Well, I did it.

cowboys angel

new mama & wife and ttc#2
Reaction score
A little bit ago, I posted asking about talking to my SD about puberty.

Well she watches me take showers with my baby all the time. Today she asked me why women have hair 'down there.'

So we had a talk about puberty and what will happen to her body and everything.

Unfortunately, she thinks it sounds cool and wants it to happen 'when she's 8, not 9'

:dohh::dohh::dohh:

Oh well. I explained that it was scary and weird and she would be scared the first time, but it was perfectly normal. That she was pretty young for it to happen, but because of our food now, it could happen in the next couple years. (She'll be 8 in November).

Oh well.

I tried.

She'll find out when it happens.

Hopefully her mom doesn't come after me for this. But I'm sure her mom won't have a talk with her, or at least not til it's much too late. Lazy bitch. :nope:

Oops my bad. Sorry.

But yeah. I explained that it meant her body was getting ready to be able to have a baby, but not because that's what God wanted her body to do. That it's because of what people do to our food. And that she needed to tell me or her mommy or, if it happened at school, a teacher or counselor or secretary or my mom (who works at her school).

Does that sound okay?

Im glad she was able to come to you, and I am glad you did the talk. Dont worry on her mom. You are her step mom, just as much *right* My DH/OH is my older boys step dad, and he had *the talk* also. My ex their dad, was upset but I explained that you wouldnt do it either so..what ever. GLAD YOU DID !!! :thumbup: I have boys so its harder for me to talk about puberty but my 2nd son has already come to me and told me hes got hairy balls :dohh: LOL I asked if hes got pit hair and nope just there hehe. It was cute. I feel for you tho about the whole period thing tho.

Good job! :) My mom never told me anything about puberty and what to expect, so i found everything out on my own. I think its great that you've had a chat with her! Don't worry about her mother.

I remember being excited about puberty starting - i actually looked forward to getting periods! :rofl:

Oh she's thrilled! :dohh: She'll learn, it's not that exciting.

Part of me keeps going 'If I hadn't gotten lazy about shaving she never would have asked me that...' but oh well. She's already asked us where babies come from, it was bound to happen.

I'm a little worried about her mom, as she's a psycho bitch that hates me because her ex got with me after their divorce. She doesn't want him, but she doesn't want anyone else to have him either. She's the same about her daughter...we've tried to get custody but she won't give it up, and just keeps doing and selling her drugs. We heard around town that she tells people all the time she doesn't want her daughter and is always asking people to take her over night...GAH! And she also hates me cuz I had a baby. Well some people would think she'd just be thankful to have Evie after she was told she'd never be able to have babies, but I guess she's just a selfish crazy bitch.

Oops sorry for the mini-rant. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->