Well, I think it's time: looking for a NTNP buddy

ser_de_lluvia

Reaction score
Hi ladies! it's been a while (i had decided back in july to put baby dreams on the back burner), but i'm now back and i think it's time. my fiance and i have decided to not try, not prevent (well, he seems more adamant about the "trying", i'm more of the mindset to just relax and let nature take it's time.)

I've been on and off the pill for 4+ years but i've always had regular periods so i'm hoping (fingers crossed) this happens naturally.

Looking for a buddy to chat with, keep each other sane, and ultimately add a new members to our families. :)

Hi there! I'm new to this section - I lurked a bunch in WTT and it feels weird moving over here. I just went off the pill on the 20th, after being on it for 8 years. I'm 26, btw, and trying (well, NTNP) for my husband's and my first kid. Are you guys going for your first too?

Hi ladies,

Would either of you mind if I join you? Just looking for some positive friends to talk to along the way. I am 25 and dh is 26. we are trying for our first. I am on this forum bc the other one is too much for me most of the time. I would like a more relaxed approach to this. Where are you at in your cycle?

Hi, FBG! Sure, go ahead and join in!

I was scheduled to start a new pack on the 20th, after my "period", and didn't (with Hubby's blessing). So I'm about ten days in and hoping I see AF in another week and a half or so to signal that my body's returning to normal.

What about you? Have you come off of a hormonal birth control?

Hi, FBG! Sure, go ahead and join in!

I was scheduled to start a new pack on the 20th, after my "period", and didn't (with Hubby's blessing). So I'm about ten days in and hoping I see AF in another week and a half or so to signal that my body's returning to normal.

What about you? Have you come off of a hormonal birth control?

I went off bc about 3 years ago. We weren't trying then it was just messing my cycle up too much. We were also getting married, working on buy a house, and wanted to give my body some time to cleanse. Then start trying for children. Unfortunately buying a house didn't happen so we decided to build which took a lot longer. We just got into our new home and are ready to start trying.
I just started my cycle so cd 1 for me. I have a 34 day cycle usually which can some months be short.

I am so excited for you. When will you test?

Ooo, congrats on your house! I don't know if I would have the patience to build.

I seem to recall my cycles being rather long before I went on the pill (back when I was 17), and I'm expecting my body to take a little while to get sorted out, so I'm going to make myself wait until Nov. 15th or so, which is probably still kind of early.

Although this morning I did feel what I think might be ovulation, which was exciting.

CD 1 is the start of AF, right? If so, I'm on CD 16 and not going to test until CD 32.

Ooo, congrats on your house! I don't know if I would have the patience to build.

I seem to recall my cycles being rather long before I went on the pill (back when I was 17), and I'm expecting my body to take a little while to get sorted out, so I'm going to make myself wait until Nov. 15th or so, which is probably still kind of early.

Although this morning I did feel what I think might be ovulation, which was exciting.

CD 1 is the start of AF, right? If so, I'm on CD 16 and not going to test until CD 32.

Correct cd 1 is the first day of af. On this site, they also use dpo which stands for days past ovulation. If you ovulate today tomorrow will be 1 dpo.

Congratulations on ovulation! That is always exciting. The TWW sucks but well worth it if you get your BFP! Get to BD!

Yeah, the only problem is we're not changing the rate at which we BD, and for us doing it in the middle of the week would be very out of character for us! Especially this week when we're not getting home until after 8pm. We did BD Sunday night, which from my understanding doesn't put us completely out if I did O today.

So does anyone know you're NTNP? I haven't told anyone and it's killing me. Every day I want to mention it to one of my coworkers or someone and I know I shouldn't!

Yeah, the only problem is we're not changing the rate at which we BD, and for us doing it in the middle of the week would be very out of character for us! Especially this week when we're not getting home until after 8pm. We did BD Sunday night, which from my understanding doesn't put us completely out if I did O today.

So does anyone know you're NTNP? I haven't told anyone and it's killing me. Every day I want to mention it to one of my coworkers or someone and I know I shouldn't!

No we aren't telling anyone. I am too scared of having infertility issues and having to answer to everyone asking all the time. I so badly want to tell my mom or co worker out of excitement and just to have someone to talk to but i know better. Luckily my husband had been very supportive and we talk all the time. He's worried if we don't conceive its him, but i am pretty sure it would be me. My mom have a really hard time conceiving me it took her two years, but no trouble with my older brother. Did or does anyone in you family have trouble with conceiving a child?

i love finally having someone to talk to. Thank you for reading.

No one's had any trouble conceiving, but that was last generation. I'm the first of my generation to get to baby making age. My Mom and her sister each had three kids no problem. I'm still worried, of course, because I'm a woman.
I enjoy having someone to talk to as well. My SIL just asked of we were trying yet, and I said no, thinking "nope, NTNP!" If she knows, my MIL would know and then the wholeworld would know !

I'm not sure if I would be welcomed in here. I plan on going on fertility meds (Have a appointment in 5 days-ish, plan to start them then.) But I'm going to be reaaaaaaaaally relaxed about it. Not charting, I'll be doing OPK's and such, but basically NTNP with the help of meds. Would you guys be horribly offended if I joined you?

No one's had any trouble conceiving, but that was last generation. I'm the first of my generation to get to baby making age. My Mom and her sister each had three kids no problem. I'm still worried, of course, because I'm a woman.
I enjoy having someone to talk to as well. My SIL just asked of we were trying yet, and I said no, thinking "nope, NTNP!" If she knows, my MIL would know and then the wholeworld would know !

I know what you mean. If I told my mom my whole family would know. I definitely can't tell any in laws bc then the world would know. I really like having this side I see so many people ask the same questions i have and its nice to talk to people rather than just have Google searches. I requested you as a friend so we can stay touch. . . .how r u feeling?

I'm not sure if I would be welcomed in here. I plan on going on fertility meds (Have a appointment in 5 days-ish, plan to start them then.) But I'm going to be reaaaaaaaaally relaxed about it. Not charting, I'll be doing OPK's and such, but basically NTNP with the help of meds. Would you guys be horribly offended if I joined you?

SugarPlum i don't know why you wouldn't feel welcome. we r all here for the same reason. We all just have to find the right path to get there. If medicine is apart of the journey then so be it. i don't discriminate.

I didn't know, haha. I'm still fairly new to this forum and such:)

You're welcome to join, SugarPlum!

I'm definitely feeling broody! Been spending some time researching new names and such. The girls name we picked out years ago (Charlotte) is becoming stinking popular, which really turns us off of it.

Have you guys discussed names with your OHs yet?

You're welcome to join, SugarPlum!

I'm definitely feeling broody! Been spending some time researching new names and such. The girls name we picked out years ago (Charlotte) is becoming stinking popular, which really turns us off of it.

Have you guys discussed names with your OHs yet?

We have girl names but no boys really. I am hoping it will come to us once we are expecting.

Hi ladies, this sounds like a lovely friendly thread so please can I join too? :flower:

I have a fabulous little one-year-old daughter and we're half-heartedly NTNP for a sibling for her.

We half-heartedly NTNP for a few months before we really started TTC for her, then I fell pregnant our first month of really going for it. As in BD'ing every night for the five days over ovulation! Whew, that was tiring :blush:

So if I fall pregnant I'll be delighted, if I don't I won't be too gutted. For now.

Our time for the doc appt is really creeping up on us! I'm so excited, I can hardly wait! Hubby is excited, he's coming in to the appt to.

Hi ladies, this sounds like a lovely friendly thread so please can I join too? :flower:

I have a fabulous little one-year-old daughter and we're half-heartedly NTNP for a sibling for her.

We half-heartedly NTNP for a few months before we really started TTC for her, then I fell pregnant our first month of really going for it. As in BD'ing every night for the five days over ovulation! Whew, that was tiring :blush:

So if I fall pregnant I'll be delighted, if I don't I won't be too gutted. For now.

Welcome.. You have a beautiful baby girl. Congrats. r u tracking at all?

Hehe, that's exactly how I feel! Welcome to the convo. ;)

Good luck at your appt., sugarplum. What are you planning on doing there?

Does anyone feel slightly disappointed when things in the bedroom go a way that will definitely NOT lead to pregnancy? I do want to keep things fun in the bedroom, but there still is a little voice that goes "hey, wait, you know that's a bit of a waste?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->