Well I THOUGHT I was doing alright with my eating habits...

Amsan

Reaction score
Dr just called to confirm urine sample results from money. I DO have a small UTI so I need to continue taking antibiotics. Definitely need to drink more water (which I ended up with 64 oz of water yesterday I think, not too sure if that was sufficient enough :dohh: and I've made it through 32 oz this morning already. )

BUT, they also told me that based on my urine sample I'm eating too much junk, carbs and I need to stick to lean meats, fresh fruits, peanuts, etc. Kinda bummed as I didn't think I was doing too bad with my diet. And I need to eat more throughout the day, which is hard because I'm literally never hungry.

:growlmad:

Uh-oh. I didn't know that they could tell that from your urine. I'm in trouble next visit :) Sorry about the infection though. I hope you feel better soon. :hugs:

they can tell how bad you're eating? I probably broke the thing they use to test it...

I don't think they can tell what you're eating? They can detect traces of sugar which can signal GD... That'd need to be checked out :)

I think that's what she checked... Something along the lines of proteins sugars, she called it something but all I heard was "you're eating like a fatty. stop." :haha: sooo I've been searching for some place with healthy recipes for pregnancy that includes lean meats, fresh fruits, etc. I'm so picky as it is. I hate onions and peppers and vegetables. I can handle corn, peas, annnnd that's about it... I can do fruit, no problem there. But there's so many meats and textures that just the thought of makes me want to vomit. Like chicken. I hate the texture of chicken. :sick: Wish me luck.

Oh dear . That's not good. If you don't like veggies try and look up recipes that hide veggies. Jessica sienfeld made a good one .

I make my son califlower or squash macaroni and cheese , and spaghetti sauce you can easily grind up carrots and peppers in the blender and you won't taste them. Same with meatloaf and meatballs .

Oh dear . That's not good. If you don't like veggies try and look up recipes that hide veggies. Jessica sienfeld made a good one .

I make my son califlower or squash macaroni and cheese , and spaghetti sauce you can easily grind up carrots and peppers in the blender and you won't taste them. Same with meatloaf and meatballs .

Yeah I despise veggies. But I'll have to suck it up and eat them for the sake of baby boy. I saw the califlower mac n cheese that looked pretty good.

mashed cauliflower is supposed to taste like mashed potatoes... and there are recipes for cauliflower pizza crust!

Yeah I despise veggies. But I'll have to suck it up and eat them for the sake of baby boy. I saw the califlower mac n cheese that looked pretty good.

The cook book is called deceptively delicious it even has pancakes with veggies in it and they taste like normal pancakes , you'll never know there is vegetables in the recipes

oh crap they know how bad you have been eating!? im in trouble..

Wow I didn't know they even looked at that in urine! I think Jessica Seinfeld recipes are a good idea too. You can get a ton of veggies into pasta sauce and blend it up, creamy soups, lasagna, etc. One of my favorite ways to eat veggies is roasted and then when they're right out of the oven, toss with lemon juice and grated Parmesan. This is especially great with broccoli- it's totally addicting and I've heard people that hate broccoli say they love it. It's an Ina Garten recipe.

They only checked mine as I was having some issues, so when they sent it in for an in-depth test it came back with high sugars, low protein, whatever else runs in urine lol.

I am LMAO at this thread. I'm sure 99% of pregnant women would get a lecture at the OB if they checked all of our urine for nutritional habits...I've been living on pasta. I swear to god I had an ice cream bar on the drive to work at 8:30am this morning. That is a new low.

okay that has just stunned me. How can they tell that :S

I'm not sure how, but I think they were ACTUALLY LOOKING for what could have been causing all my discomforts, so they tested for a bunch of stuff... :shrug:

Wow I didn't know they even looked at that in urine! I think Jessica Seinfeld recipes are a good idea too. You can get a ton of veggies into pasta sauce and blend it up, creamy soups, lasagna, etc. One of my favorite ways to eat veggies is roasted and then when they're right out of the oven, toss with lemon juice and grated Parmesan. This is especially great with broccoli- it's totally addicting and I've heard people that hate broccoli say they love it. It's an Ina Garten recipe.

Oooh, that sounds really good. Never thought to roast my veggies. I usually steam them, but I'll definitely have to try this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->