Well, it doesn't look good for me...

crazylilth1ng

Reaction score
5 weeks and a few days (check my sig for exact I cant think right now)...

Had a smear of red blood 2 days ago and brown spotting since.

Went in for scan today, there was a sac in my uterus and a 5mm fetal pole but no heartbeat. They also said that sac looked irregular so it could be breaking down.

At 5mm you are supposed to see the heart. 5mm seems a bit big for the stage I am at... but still...

Anyway, good luck to the rest of you and I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else.

Oh no, will they rescan you lovely just to make sure? Still very early days x

Hi hun, I have read on other posts that it may to early at 5wks to see a heartbeat, do you have to go back for another scan? :hugs:

I have another scan in 10 days... just to check. But I am not hopeful.

at the stage you are we didnt have a hb, try not to worry :hugs: x

Just to let you know I'm sure the heart beat comes around 6mm but I can't remember were I heard/read this xxx hopefully the next scan will be ok xxx

Alot of women wont see a heartbeat until 6 weeks, dont give up hope! the fact you have a sac and fetal pole is good at your stage...you might even be earlir than you thought.
Take it easy, take care of yourself and try not to stress too much.
Im praying its not the end for you xx

hi i had a scan yesterday and i was 5w 3d and i only saw a sac and they said everything looked how it should for that far along and that i wouldnt see the bean or hearbeat untill 6+ weeks dont give up i havent i hope to go back at 8 weeks and see bean and heartbeat xxxx

They said the sac looked irregular which could indicate that it's breaking down...

I know it's hard not to but try not to worry too much till they know for certain hun xxxxx shall say a prayer for you xxx

I'm so sorry my dear :( :hugs: I've been wondering how you were. Please keep me posted and lots of prayers for you!!

I'm measuring around the same stage as you 5-6 weeks (although by dates I should be 7-8 weeks), at my scan on Thursday, and fetal pole was 3mm, so 5mm is not that much bigger. Not too sure about the irregular shape, but as there are so many changes at this stage try not to worry and all the best for the next 10 days, and I hope when you go back for your scan everything is on track!

Hope everything changes forthe best hun x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->