Well looks like I belong here

sarahlou1985

Reaction score
Hey just a bit about me, been on these boards a while but Iv come over here..

My doctor diagnosed me last week with secodary infertility, I've got a 5 nearly 6 year old little girl (different dad) me and my OH of 2 years have been trying for about 10 months (he's got a 9 year old conceived when he was just 17) although 9/10 months isnt that long Im glad hes not making us wait around, I have a feeling somethings not quite right!! My periods are like clock work but I do suffer bad pain during ovulation and af only (not during sex or any other time at all) after doing research I think its down to scar tissue from LLetz treatment I had done on my cervix in March, hope it isnt endo or cysts as my doc suspects!! And hope it doesnt turn into stenosis :/

Im going for blood tests soon to test hormone levels, 21 days after the first day of my last af. I understand the progesterone one is important, I think im ok on that as I have taken temps and my temps look good post ovulation? Just wondered what they test the other hormones for? No idea what to expect from these blood results at all and whether they will actually give me any clues as to what's going on?

Yay if you've got this far, appreciate it, sorry if Iv rambled or not made sense!!

Thanks

Hi Sarahlou, sorry to hear about your troubles. My OH and I are on cycle 13 of ttc our second. We got pregnant with our DD first cycle, so it's secondary infertility for us as well. I saw an ob-gyn last week and because I had a c-section with my DD, the first step he is taking is to do an HSG to check my tubes for blockages. Did your doctor mention doing this?

Hey just a bit about me, been on these boards a while but Iv come over here..

My doctor diagnosed me last week with secodary infertility, I've got a 5 nearly 6 year old little girl (different dad) me and my OH of 2 years have been trying for about 10 months (he's got a 9 year old conceived when he was just 17) although 9/10 months isnt that long Im glad hes not making us wait around, I have a feeling somethings not quite right!! My periods are like clock work but I do suffer bad pain during ovulation and af only (not during sex or any other time at all) after doing research I think its down to scar tissue from LLetz treatment I had done on my cervix in March, hope it isnt endo or cysts as my doc suspects!! And hope it doesnt turn into stenosis :/

Im going for blood tests soon to test hormone levels, 21 days after the first day of my last af. I understand the progesterone one is important, I think im ok on that as I have taken temps and my temps look good post ovulation? Just wondered what they test the other hormones for? No idea what to expect from these blood results at all and whether they will actually give me any clues as to what's going on?

Yay if you've got this far, appreciate it, sorry if Iv rambled or not made sense!!

Thanks

sarah...i feel for :( it is hard especially when we have been able to conceive in the past. the progesterone level needs to stay up, at high enough level to maintain a pregancy. if not, the egg may fertilize but may not implant bc of low progesterone level.
i had been ttc for 9 months too, before finally seeing my obgyn to investigate. on cd3 i had blood work to check follicle stimulating hormone - it was normal. on cd12 i had vaginal ultrasound which was normal and showed i was about to ovulate from right ovary and there were 3 mature follicles. on cd 23 i went for more bloodwork to check progesterone level- it was normal. i was baffled! i thought, maybe nothin is wrong and this will be my month. BFN :( so i called and they scheduled me for a hysterosalpingogram to see if maybe my tubes were blocked. everything was clear..go figure! in the meantime , i bought a home sperm check test for hubby. his checked out normal. i don't get it. i am still waiting for a call from my doc as to what the plan or next step will be. this is now going on 1 year since i miscarried and been ttc since. i am stil hopeful though.
u should inquire about all the tests i had to be sure things are functioning properly. hopefully they are and u will be able to conceive soon. FX for both of us. keep me posted on how things go.
i am midcycle now, waiting to O, been BDing everyday ;) staying hopeful and positive this may be my month
Kat

Hey thanks for the replies, I did mention having the dye done and he said "one step at a time" suppose he has a point and he wasn't to see me again a week after my bloods so if they're normal the next step will be the dye test! Awful isn't it especially when everyone is pregnant around you, some i know have had babies and are pregnant again in the time since I've been trying to conceive!! Ive tried everything :-/ fed up now. Really hope this is our months, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! I'm not temping this month and trying to forget about things while I have these tests, hoping to take some stress off it all!! But easier said than done when you want something so much hey :-/ xxx

Oh and oh is apparently going to his Docs tomorrow to be referred to have his semen analysed but I'm not holding my breath about that either!! Men!!! Xx

seriously...thats why i bought the home test. lol, didnt even tell him i had it, so no pressure. and just when he thought it was his lucky day...there i was 'collecting' with the cup, lol (sorry for TMI). u should try it. ill be checking back to see how things are going. baby dust to u ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->