Well the journey will be starting soon for us

fivebyfive

TTC #1 CYCLE 3
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Michelle, Im 26, married to David for 3 1/2 yrs, we are very settled and the time has come for :baby::baby: !!

We have given it a lot of thought and as usual my DH has taken some persuading and just when I thought I'd give up, he started talking about 'the future' etc and so it went from there!

For the past few months we have been in serious talks about our health, money, work etc (im very career minded) and now the time has come.

BUT, we have a holiday booked to Egypt on 28/6/2009 so we are waiting until then. In fact he has said we are def not taking any BC with us at all and I have got my :witch: today and so using the ovulation calander it just so happens I should be fertile whilst on holiday so thinks are working great !

Im not naive to think it will happen on the 1st cycle but I know its a step in the right direction. Also we have set up a new a/c with a standing order each pay day into there specifically for the baby fund and not to be used for anything else!

Im sooo happy. The only thing I really worry about is my weight. Im considerably o/w and my BMI is 44 which is shocking to the health professionals I know but I did go to see my doc about it and she was wonderful said overall Im in great health and my BP was spot on for 6 months now so Im not prepared to wait any longer. Of course I will keep up with the healthy eating ect and see how things go!

Really looking forward to getting to know you guys and look forward to your support.

Michelle

Hey Michelle - good to hear from you and welcome to WTT.

I'm also very overweight at the mo, which is one of the reasons I have been WTT - we will be starting on our holiday in september as I didn't want to get pregnant before the holiday as we're going to center parcs and so want to enjoy the spa etc. So - we thought it would be a good time to start!!

Anyway, with the weight - I have a BMI of 47.6 at the mo, but I have joined slimming world and hoping to get the under 40 by the time we start TTC. I think as long as you are eating healthily from now on and your BP is a good rate, then that's a good start :)

Good luck for when the time comes - are you on the folic acid now :D?

Welcome to WTT

Sounds like you have got a plan sorted hunni.
All the ladies WTT are lovely and friendly, see you around the forum

Hi and welcome,
I'm also overweight not sure of bmi but need to lose 98lb's to be in healthy range but i'm impatient and can't wait till i've lost that much so i've set myself a halfway there goal of 49lb's and then we are ttc i'm hoping to be there by September fingers crossed.
Good luck when you do start ttc we conceived our first son on holiday during our first month of trying i think the fact that you will be relaxed and you'll be able to BD plenty will help it certainly did with us x

Hi, yes I have started with the folic acid, have been taking it for about 2 weeks now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->