Well...there goes the HB i wanted!

Connah'sMommy

Reaction score
Iv just got home from hospital and i am now on strict bed rest:dohh:

I was at work early this morning feeling a little unwell but i thought i was just the norm being 34weeks...tired etc.

I fainted! then OH was called in to take me to hospital. they checked my bp etc and found it was quite high....this is strange as i only saw my mw yesterday and she said my bp was fine:shrug: I did however have protien in my urine.

So...here i am now with my feet up, had to start mat leave early which is a plus i suppose but i think i just waved goodbye to the home birth!

I did a thread on my OH being against the idea and when we saw mw y.day we both asked questions and decided i would have bubs at home but i could decide to go into hosp at anytime:thumbup:

Not now obviously!

Im seeing my mw regular at home now for bp checks and they said they will explore the option of inducing if its still high in the next week or so...

I know they think its safest for baby and me but i cant help but feel a bit pissed off after all the convincing i did with OH! I feel like hes won...even though its not his fault:nope:

So,rant over for now...but can anyone tell me or give me ideas on how to keep this experience as natural as possible? if its possible that is!

If im induced will i be confined to a bed with a drip etc? this is so not the vision i had:nope: Iv also heard that induction can make labour more painful and i was hoping to do this with as little pain relief as possible.

Any ideas for me ladies?

Poor you :(

I had PIH and oedema (but never proteinuria) with my dd and had to go to hospital to give birth (or so I was told at the time!). I wasn't induced and was allowed to go into labour spontaneously despite being told to rest, having the midwife come every other day to check my BP and getting sent to DAU every time for monitoring too, so I guess I was lucky in that respect.

I was strapped to a monitor in labour and not allowed off the bed. The midwives tried to put me in stirrups to push and when I wouldn't leave my legs in them, they held them up, one midwife on each leg, degrading :(

You need to be firm with your midwives and not accept being strapped to the monitor laying on your back on the bed. They can do continuous monitoring off the bed or they can use a doppler at regular intervals. They will push a cannula on you 'just in case'. Try to make sure that they are aware of your choices for pain relief so that they don't keep offering you things and that they know you will not give birth on your back.

If you still want to have a home birth, you can still negotiate and you do not have to accept being induced if you don't want to be. Good luck :flower:

when i was induced they started with a gel pessary no drips at all and i was allowed to move about as i wished they did strap me to the monitor a few times to check baby was ok with the induction but it was on for 30 min then off again etc...
but i was induced 10days over if your cervix isnt ready induction can be a tough road, for the meantime id try to do your best to keep your BP nice and low

Fingers crossed for you hun. Hopefully it was just a fluke, and all will be well with your next check up!

thanks ladies, Im hoping that good rest will help but i think the hb is definately out :nope: best i can hope for is that that dont want to induce, that way i can keep it natural.

Last thing i want is to be confined to a bed and quite frankly, the sound of another drip (after my last hosp stay) scares the shit out of me!

I dont want any of that if i can help it xxx

I wouldn't sweat it just yet Hun. Until you're actually diagnosed as pre eclamptic then you may just be having a blip. I had a client who had raised BP around 36 weeks and it settled and she went on to have her home birth. I'd say you're a little way of being induced yet :D

Dont write yourself off yet chick, you BP could just be a blip x

Hey, just wondering how things are going?

Sarah.xxx

Its not too late hun, have you thought about trying some hypno techniques for relaxation, they'll help with your BP and labour when it comes.

With the induction it really depends on your body, if your cervix is ripe then it could be a simple matter if it isnt then it could be a long haul, but then again maybe not.

Given that this isnt your first baby hopefully things will be nice and ready and happen quickly for you even it comes to induction, if you can you can try a couple sweeps and a pessary and if things are favourable possibly AROM before the drip and monitoring.

You cant foresee how it'll be but dont think all inductions are horrible, plenty of ladies have inductions that are possibly more intense than natural labour but quick and no problems.

If it ends up with induction make sure its for good reasons not just policy, you have to want it too. Explore all avenues before getting a drip and if you have a monitor, ask for it to be intermittent, or simply get up and go to the loo very often (never a bad thing when you're in labour) and take your time over it!

Hey, just wondering how things are going?

Sarah.xxx

things are going a little pear shaped atm...Had the mw out today as i was getting alot of pains,aches etc which she thinks are down to a UTI which is better than early labour:thumbup:

I have to sit tight until they get worse but for now im ok

Also my BP was slightly high today so not as concerning which is another good thing.

She is urging me to have a hospital birth but she agreed today that we would decide depending on how things go over the next week or so so FX i may still get my HB!xx

It's definitely not too late! I had raised BP from 34 to 39 weeks and was in end out of Jessops for the whole time. When Tegan finally was born, my BP was fine.

I did notice that my BP was fine the majority of the time but would shoot up when it came close to the time for BP checks. I will not be having my BP closely monitored next time. I think its all a bit over the top really, unless you actually FEEL ill I think the BP checks are unnecessary!!

Don't hold your breath regarding induction hun. I spent a lot of time "waiting to be induced" during the time I was in. It never happened!!

It's definitely not too late! I had raised BP from 34 to 39 weeks and was in end out of Jessops for the whole time. When Tegan finally was born, my BP was fine.

I did notice that my BP was fine the majority of the time but would shoot up when it came close to the time for BP checks. I will not be having my BP closely monitored next time. I think its all a bit over the top really, unless you actually FEEL ill I think the BP checks are unnecessary!!

Don't hold your breath regarding induction hun. I spent a lot of time "waiting to be induced" during the time I was in. It never happened!!

thanks hun, I think the mw does cause a hell of alot of unwanted stress :/ Especially my new one:dohh:xxx

Just out of interest where are you booked to hospital wise?

Ok. Jessops have a home birth team that includes independent mws who are contracted in to the NHS to support women chosing home births with what the NHS would term 'high risk' factors. Lea you need to remember this for the future as you would get a free inde MW if you were under sheffield!!

I'm not sure how Doncaster fair with home births. Sheffield is VERY pro home birth (as you can see above) where as I've found Rotherham to be quite anti home birth at times....

Ok. Jessops have a home birth team that includes independent mws who are contracted in to the NHS to support women chosing home births with what the NHS would term 'high risk' factors. Lea you need to remember this for the future as you would get a free inde MW if you were under sheffield!!

I'm not sure how Doncaster fair with home births. Sheffield is VERY pro home birth (as you can see above) where as I've found Rotherham to be quite anti home birth at times....

Apparently you dont hear of many homebirths round the doncaster area, my mw said its not something that is usually offered/requested.

She was all for it at first and even the first person to approach the subject with me so i was quite shocked when she started having doubts

Staying hopefull and iv packed a bag anyway just in case.

were also calling to hire the pool on monday:happydance:

And I think if MWs don't get to attend many then they are nervous about them because it's unfamiliar territory. Once they are supporting them regularly they snowball with encouragement. I supported a hospital water VBAC which was the first ever at that hospital. You could tell the mws were nervous about it while we were there labouring. But now that they have had one, it was amazingly successful and we got the pics to prove it, they are actively promoting and encouraging them at that hospital. We are trailblazers.....if you have your home birth you are paving the way for MWs to encourage them and women to be encouraged with real choice.

I was induced in both previous pregnancies, first time at 35 weeks and second at 38 weeks although I had been booked twice and cancelled by another OB before that! Looking back I wish they had just let me go naturally. This time around my BP has been up since 22 weeks and I am medicated for it. If it stays stable or can be controlled with meds, I plan to avoid the hospital as much as possible. The more they monitor, the more they want to intervene. I am taking it on a wait and see basis. I hope your pregnancy goes to plan and your protein eases off.

If you do get induced, it can be as natural as possible (given the circumstances). Often with PE you labour quickly. I had no pain relief for both as they were too quick. It was in my plan to avoid meds too so it worked out well. I didn't need any assistance medically and my babies were fine : ) Good luck

I will not be having my BP closely monitored next time. I think its all a bit over the top really, unless you actually FEEL ill I think the BP checks are unnecessary!!

It's one of the most important checks concerning your an the baby's safety - but ignore refuse away!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->