Well...there goes the HB i wanted!

I will not be having my BP closely monitored next time. I think its all a bit over the top really, unless you actually FEEL ill I think the BP checks are unnecessary!!

It's one of the most important checks concerning your an the baby's safety - but ignore refuse away!

I just wrote out a big reply to this but decided that I don't need to justify my actions to you. Research White coat syndrome. And maybe ask why.. Or if I will monitor my own BP before you make snide remarks like the above. :)

I will not be having my BP closely monitored next time. I think its all a bit over the top really, unless you actually FEEL ill I think the BP checks are unnecessary!!

It's one of the most important checks concerning your an the baby's safety - but ignore refuse away!

I just wrote out a big reply to this but decided that I don't need to justify my actions to you. Research White coat syndrome. And maybe ask why.. Or if I will monitor my own BP before you make snide remarks like the above. :)

:hugs:

You dont have to justify yourself hun, i know what you mean.

Why have undue stress when its not nessecsary?:shrug:

There are other tell tale signs when BP is high so there is no need to be continuously strapped to the arm thingy, which btw hurts like hell! :haha:

Im sure anyone asking not to be monitored would ask if they felt they needed a quick check:thumbup:xx

My last 3 MW appointments my blood pressure was pretty high even after they re did them they were on the high side. I think rushing round for appointments especially with toddlers aswell can make it look like your BP is a problem when its not.

They only checked it once in labour

BP is an indicator but not the be all and end all. It's one factor and doesn't mean the baby is in danger. I had BP's in the 150/90-105 range last pregnancy and they were not interested. This time around they wanted me in twice a week for monitoring. There is no rhyme or reason and I feel better monitoring things myself.

The hospital booked me for a scan one day, and OB appointment the next (which they always run and hour or so late for) and they expect me to find a sitter or entertain my toddlers through all of this and not have a high bp hahahaha. There must be an easier way

My last 3 MW appointments my blood pressure was pretty high even after they re did them they were on the high side. I think rushing round for appointments especially with toddlers aswell can make it look like your BP is a problem when its not.

They only checked it once in labour

just getting up the stairs to see my mw (yes, 3 flights of stairs and no lift!) get my BP up there...seeing spots and having a hot flush at the top is a regular thing for women at our practice:dohh:xx

I was induced, mainly because of high BP and being overdue (I would have gone later, but glad I didn't was quite ill with Pre-E during labour and ended up having a section).

BUT.. the section was due to high head of baby and him getting destressed.. so not really to do with Pre-E. And the labour part even though was in hospital was lovely.

Although I was monitored constantly and had the drip I was allowed to move around (so it can be done!) and I was on my feet for most of the time, or on the ball - I found getting onto all fours uncomfortable. I had my music with me and aromatherpy oils throughout. The MWs had to monitor and I was fine with that and did the whole thing bar the section (!!) on my TENS and G&A after they turned up the pico!

I'll keep my fingers crossed that your BP will settle down! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->