Went against my own advice!

Teri7489

Proud mummy
Reaction score
I bought a Doppler even though it's super early. Now I'm all freaked out because I can't find a hb. Couple that with back pain and hardly any symptoms I'm now upset! I have my scan in two weeks and now scared all I'll get is bad news :-( idiot!!!

Try not to fret, it can be so hard to find in the early days. I was almost 10 weeks before I tracked my little bean. I really recommend watching YouTube videos, gave me some good ideas on positioning the doppler and helped me to understand what the babies Hb sounded like.

That's what's freaked me out lol. Some of the videos are of 8 weeks hb, I'm 10 weeks tomorrow and not even a hint of it. Boo xx

Don't worry honestly!! It used to take me over an hour to find heaetbeat at that stage and now I find it straight away. I found my baby was hiding being the placenta or something I couldn't quite get it.
Please don't worry I'm sure all is fine. It takes time and patience and a little bit of skill to find it. Maybe try in a weeks time x

Try not to worry hun. Its still early, the monitor could not be sensitive enough to hear it yet or baby might be in a different spot than what you think or could be 'hiding'. Wirh DD my MIL bought one at8 weeks for me and OH was mpre excited about it than I was so we(well he) tried it. We tried everyday some days we heard something other days we didnt, even after just coming back from the docs knowing everything was fine.

As for the back pain, I wouldnt worry too much. Although babys still so small, just like having to pee all the time, it still can cause back pain. At least that's what I was told with DS.

if it helps any, Im right thrre with you on the back pain. And have cramps as well, not as frequently as at first but oh so stabby like. Lol.

Aw try not to freak yourself out, it's still so early. I couldn't find mine until nearly 11 weeks and even then I only caught it for a few seconds each time, and it was faint. I found it yesterday relatively quickly and it sounded a lot clearer, so all you need is time :) just remember, the more baby grows, the easier they are to find. Mine is still very low at my pubic line (much lower than I saw girls I'm YouTube videos look).

Try not to worry, a lot of women cannot hear the hb before 12 weeks.
There are a lot of factors that can prevent you from hearing such as the baby's position, where is your placenta, how is your uterus etc...

Have you tried with a full bladder?
I could not hear a thing and was successful with a full bladder.

It'still early I did not mind baby on doppler till 15 weeks and I tried several times a day

I found it!!! Used baby oil instead of gel, and did it on a full bladder (thanks 3liz!!!!)
Was scared it wasn't really it but was super fast and a bit lower than I was looking before. I probably won't find it again lol but still, yay!!! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->