Went for postnatal..Advice needed

J

Jade--x

I took my LO for our postnatal checkup and his first injections, and the doctor said that his forskin is very tight, tighter than it should be and that it cant be pulled back at all.
His biological father was the same and at about 10 years old it ended up getting infected and he had to be circumcised.
He was 8 weeks when I took him, he's now 10 weeks and it seems like its getting worse?
Has anyone elses little boys been the same? Is there anything I can do to help it?
Has anyone got older sons that had it when they were born? Did they get over it or did they have to have a circumcision?
x

my brother had it.. but he was older. To be honest, I though you couldn't pull the foreskin back on any baby. my brother was advised a circumcision but my mother would not have that and spend a long time stretching it but I'm not sure you should do that for a baby. To be honest, I'd go for a second opinion elsewhere.

my mates boy had is except it was later on when he was 13 ! theyve gave him cream to try make it any better b4 thinking of surgery x

Im really not sure what to do for the best?? Its really upsetting because, if I ask to have him circumcised now, he'll be in loads of pain but it's more painful when they're older? But if they'res other alternatives than surgery or it just goes away on it's own I wouldn't want to put him through it for no reason. Just not sure what to do for the best
x

My doctor has told me not to pull the skin back in til Noah is about 3 years old. He said it isn't ready in til then. For now we just pull it slightly so you see the opening, and no further. Are you able to pull it back enough to see the hole?

I don't know I haven't tried Im too scared to be honest in case I hurt him..it was the doctor that did it at his postnatal and he noticed it and said that if it doesn't loosen then he'l have to have surgery :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->