Went to doctor today, didn't hear hb on doppler

emicakess

Reaction score
I went for a check up today because I've still been spotting brown. She did a pelvic and didn't see anything abnormal. She also used a doppler. She only attempted it for about maybe 5 minutes at the most. We didn't hear a heart beat (only mine) but she showed me the doppler screen and it was at 197 then 200 and she said even though we don't hear the hb, the doppler is picking it up. She said the baby is still too small.

Girls on here have told me they have had to search for 30-45 minutes with their personal dopplers before they found the heart beat. Did the doctor just not search long enough?

Ugh I just wanted to hear the heart beat, I'm so disappointed.

I don't think I could have found mine at 10 weeks Emi. I'm a thicker gal and I REALLY had to search at 12 weeks to find baby girl. If she registered it that's good at least and when you get your Doppler (I though I remember you asking about brands recently?) you can take your time and find it more than likely. When is your next scan?

Thanks Pandi.. Yeah I want to get a doppler but OH thinks I am not going to use it enough. So I am doubting getting one too now, they are pretty spendy :/ But at the same time I want one. I don't have a ultrasound scheduled!!! She didn't offer me one today. I am hoping she offers me one at my next appointment next week -_- (which will technically be my "second appointment- physical") I am glad the doppler registered the heartbeat but at the same time I didnt hear it myself which is disappointing.

I have my appt tomorrow and thats my worst fear im panicking not hearing it. If she registered it thats got to be a good sign. Im sure as is fine and hope you can hear it next week

I'm surprised she even bothered tbh. At my Drs office, the midwives don't start doing Doppler checks until the 16 week appt. it's usually hard to find any earlier, and they don't like worrying women for no reason, if they can't manage to find it within the allotted appt time.

Hopefully next time hey?! I love my Doppler though, so worth the money spent for the reassurance in the first and early second tri! Once the regular movements and kicks began, I rarely used it after that.

I have my appt tomorrow and thats my worst fear im panicking not hearing it. If she registered it thats got to be a good sign. Im sure as is fine and hope you can hear it next week

Dont panic! :) You are a week ahead of me so if your OB isnt in a hurry like mine was, she will find it! I honestly think if my OB took some more time she could have found it. She said he heard it behind my heartbeat but I didn't hear it -_-

I'm surprised she even bothered tbh. At my Drs office, the midwives don't start doing Doppler checks until the 16 week appt. it's usually hard to find any earlier, and they don't like worrying women for no reason, if they can't manage to find it within the allotted appt time.

Hopefully next time hey?! I love my Doppler though, so worth the money spent for the reassurance in the first and early second tri! Once the regular movements and kicks began, I rarely used it after that.

I think they probably do that to avoid any unnecessary panic. My midwives last time used a doppler at 13 weeks instead of a 12 week ultrasound. I think my OB decided to today because of my spotting. I was excited because a lot of girls on here say they have heard the HB at 8 or 9 weeks, but it just took them awhile to find it. That's why I think my OB could have found it if she searched more, but I understand that she had other appointments to get to and the screen was picking it up. When did you start feeling movements?

I used to struggle to find my first boy at 10w, and that was me having all the time in the world to search!
One of my mw's doesn't even try until the 24w appt!

My midwife won´t even try before about 16 weeks as it´s difficult to find and can cause unneccesary stress. xx

I don't think they try until after 16 weeks. I've only just ordered mine through and I've never heard the HB yet so don't worry there's plenty of time to get one x

Aww hunni don't worry, my last pregnancy I was quite a bit further on before they found it and that was with still searching a bit, the reason we are finding it at home is we have the time to look, took me ages to find it the first time, the only reason I'm getting quicker is I kind of know where it hangs out now but can still take me time as just the slightest movement and I lose it again xx

I think they probably do that to avoid any unnecessary panic. My midwives last time used a doppler at 13 weeks instead of a 12 week ultrasound. I think my OB decided to today because of my spotting. I was excited because a lot of girls on here say they have heard the HB at 8 or 9 weeks, but it just took them awhile to find it. That's why I think my OB could have found it if she searched more, but I understand that she had other appointments to get to and the screen was picking it up. When did you start feeling movements?

Ohh, that explains why they tried to today, with your spotting. Devastated you didn't get to heart it! I felt what I 'thought' were movements at around 11-12 weeks, but definitely knew by 14 weeks it was the baby I was feeling. But it's so gentle that early on, I only noticed it once or twice a day, so regularly used the Doppler. By approx 16-17 weeks, I felt her all the time, and calmed down a lot them :flower: pretty much used the Doppler from then on for the sake of it, until my belly popped and that became the new novelty :haha:

I am totally not suprised you couldnt hear heartbeat we did find mine today but i could barely hear it she said was measuring in 150s so im sure you will be able to hear it next week

Is this your first pregnancy?
with my first they tried to find hb at 12/13 weeks but couldn't and i was really skinny,
now in my area they wont try find a hb until 16 weeks to the effort it can take and still not find it

:hugs: it can be frustrating and scary not to hear heartbeat but you are only 10 weeks. Last time Dr. couldn't find it at 12 weeks and sent me for a scan. Everything was well. He couldn't find it till 16 weeks, so don't get discouraged :)

Thanks girls :)

I guess its like I know everything is okay and I'm not panicking or anything, I just was really looking forward to hopefully hearing the hb since last time a doppler was used on my tummy (at what was supposed to be 13 weeks) there was no hb, later to find out it was because there was no hb. So even though I know everything is okay I just REALLY want to hear a heart beat for the first time! I'm just being impatient :) I ordered my own tonight, hopefully I will have it next week! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->