Were any of you told you were gonna have a boy and had a girl or vice-versa?

M

mom-on-8/2009

I wonder just how common this is. My parents were told that I was going to be a healthy boy. Well, out comes premature, jaundice, me! Anyway, I just really would like to know if you or anyone you know had this happen! Thanks!

It didnt happen to me but it recently happened to my friend she was tol twice that she was having a girl she went out and bought all pink things and out comes her lovely healthy boy!! I was was convinced it would happen to me i was told twice that i was having a girl i think i was just paranoid about it for some hormonal reason lol.

nope they were 100% right with Hannah :)

I have a photographic evidence of a willy, if he turns out to be a she i'll be very confused!

Thanks, girls, I was paranoid of that happening to me! Somebody told me that sometimes other things can get in between the legs and looks like a penis.

My friend's friend was having a "small girl" and had a 10oz boy. But I don't think it's common!

My youngest brother was told he was going to be a girl.. but she had her "sexing" scan at 14-15 weeks, instead of 20 as their doctor was retiring and no one else would take them as they were private pay (she didn't go to the doctor again until her labor!).

It's really easy to mistake a girl for a boy, especially a bit earlier in the pregnancy because the penis might not have been fully developed, but if you were told you were having a boy more than likely you are having a boy. And I would think it would be hard for something to "be there" in the untrasound (and you have a girl) because with little boys they have "turtles" (penis is the "head", balls are the "shell"), and an ultrasound tech would be able to clearly see both, instead of like.. a little girl poking their finger there or something :)

I was talking about a part of the cord being between the girl's legs.

They don't usually tell the sex by seeing the boy bits, they tell it by the boy having 2 dots, or the girl having 3 lines, where their bits would be..

they were right with both my boys at the scans, but a friend of mine was told they were having a boy and they had a girl and also my brothers friend was told they were having a boy and they had a girl

For Kathryn they were right, they got a clear shot of the 3 lines. My cousin was supposed to be a girl (the tech and doc were 90% sure), but they ended up with a boy (it's ok though cause they had a girl next so all the pink stuff they bought got used anyways)

I was really weird when I was pregnant, I was convinced they had it wrong with Jasper. When I first got pregnant I knew in my heart it was a girl! I was having a girl. When I was told I was having a boy I didn't believe them! They did say they weren't 100% sure because of the angle or whatever, but they were quite confident.

Somehow I was still supprised when Jasper was born (obviously a boy) - in no way dissapointed.... but.... still supprised!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->