We're confused!

pinkneon

Birth mommy xx
Reaction score
Hi so have been checking out the 2nd tri posts this morning and there are a few of us a bit confused about cloth nappies. Obviously clothes are supposed to go over them but do you get bigger sized trousers and stuff to fit over the top or normal size? So for my new baby will I need to get 3-6months instead of 0-3months in order to make enough room for the nappy? Oh and will tights fit over the top??

Some nappies will be a bit bulky and might need a bigger size of clothing (or you can use vest entenders like these https://www.fill-your-pants.com/organic-baby-clothes/baby-vest-extenders.html but for the most part you dont need to worry.
Lots of cloth nappies are very slim fitting these days like the itti bitti and flips and are'nt that much bigger than a disposable

people have asked this in the past and a lot of people have said that they find normal clothes fit fine. i tend to have to size up (especially with vests) and struggle with things like leggings and tights (i've given up on tights cos she looks silly), but i don't know if it's just because i have a freakishly long skinny baby :haha: it's certainly do-able though !

Thanks! I was only rhinking about tights as it's going to be the middle of winter!

i expect other people have managed tights, i think my main problem was her twiglet legs :D she was a january baby and managed fine though

Mine's going to be a January baby ... You CAN put tights on new babies can't you?!

you can but they tend to come out with really scrawny legs so they're usually very wrinkly at first :)

imagine those with tights :haha:

:cloud9: i miss my midget baby

Attachments

• IMGP1023.jpg
    IMGP1023.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 14
you can get Leg warmers for them instead of tights hun and just use them under trousers but tbh my boys just wore sleepsuits under their clothes if they needed an extra layer on lol,

with boys i find that you do have to go up a size in trousers if they are slim fitting trousers and definatly in jeans but alot of baby clothes are adjustable around the waist now anyway, esp Pumpkin Patch stuff,
I doubt you would need to get 3-6 mnth stuff for a newborn though as 0-3 is big on most newborns anyway unless you have giant babies like mine lol,

Aww thats such a cute picture sugarpuff!

When their newborn I find they barely fit in 0-3 anyway so I'm, sure you will be fine to start with, you might need to just up a size quicker than you thought for things like vests etc xx

We bought vest extenders but only used them over bulky night nappies. Everything else has been fine in the right size. The only thing we sometimes struggle with are things like jeans that don't have a button and the waist isn't very stretchy, but we have problems getting them over her huge thighs as well as her nappy so I think it's just that the trousers aren't right for my LO.

We've always used tights and leggings in the right size and never had any problems. I find them easier than trousers to fit over bulky nappies.

I think it depends on what nappies you have and how big your baby is anyway! Some cloth nappies are pretty slim, and some are bulky. Some babies are long in the body and some are short. Wool covers will go over anything, as they are so stretchy, and vest extenders are great if you need them, but lots of people don't. I think the only way to find out whether you will need the next size up really is to get the nappies first! That sounds a bit unhelpful, but it really is probably a case of everyone is different. there are companies which make clothes especially for over cloth nappies though!

As everyone else said... Just went up a vest size a bit sooner than would have done in sposies.
The problem we have with trousers is the leg length, as LO has very long legs, so his cloth bum has never been an issue with this. He wears tights too in cold weather and no probs with them..... Although they neay came up to his nipples!!!

Leg warmers instead of tights are great. Frugi also do great clothes especially made to fit over cloth.

Thanks all! Just need the next 16 weeks to hurry up so I can try out different nappies with my baby so we can decide which ones we want!

Thanks all! Just need the next 16 weeks to hurry up so I can try out different nappies with my baby so we can decide which ones we want!

you and me both!! Im so afraid of failing as a fluffy bum mum!:blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->