We're getting on so well!

S

Serene123

I am so glad I waited untill Caitlyn was 110% ready for weaning. She is loving her food and knows when to stop. Sometimes she will eat 1/2 a jar, sometimes less, sometimes a little more, but she loves it! She will try everything, the only thing she won't eat is baby rice. Blergh, I wouldn't either! :rofl:

How is everyone else getting on?

She has 3 meals a day now, she doesn't eat much for breakfast, half a jar for lunch and the other half for dinner. No juice because I want her to get enough milk. I offer her 4 bottles a day, one at each meal and one before bed. She is breast fed though and won't take much from the bottle.

Anyway, I'm so proud of her! Just having a problem with stains. :dohh:

Aww glad she's enjoying it! Grace usually has half a jar or more. She's only on 2 meals a day at the minute but going to increase it to 3 soon. And she still has 3 7oz bottles as well

thats brill toria. Stains will haunt ur washing forever now!!!

I am so glad I waited untill Caitlyn was 110% ready for weaning. She is loving her food and knows when to stop. Sometimes she will eat 1/2 a jar, sometimes less, sometimes a little more, but she loves it! She will try everything, the only thing she won't eat is baby rice. Blergh, I wouldn't either! :rofl:

How is everyone else getting on?

She has 3 meals a day now, she doesn't eat much for breakfast, half a jar for lunch and the other half for dinner. No juice because I want her to get enough milk. I offer her 4 bottles a day, one at each meal and one before bed. She is breast fed though and won't take much from the bottle.

Anyway, I'm so proud of her! Just having a problem with stains. :dohh:

Just wanted to say Toria, I was going to start weaning Chloe a few weeks ago but read one of your posts and realised I would be doing it because I thought I should. I didnt do it and she still just has milk and the occasional bit of a rusk, she still doesnt seem interested in food or unsettled so I'm waiting.

This post is encouraging that I seem to be doing the right thing for Chloe

see i would prefer to give joshua baby rice and gradually give him jars or homemade gradually,not staright on jars.

ffion is on 2/3 meals a day. she refuses veggies but loves fruit lol.

see i would prefer to give joshua baby rice and gradually give him jars or homemade gradually,not staright on jars.

She had rusks before and I waited untill she was old enough to handle food.

thats not what toria did, please read the facts before passing judgement on other members.

Glad your little princess is doing so well hun :hugs: xx

It's fab that she is doing so well, but i do feel your edited bit is a bit harsh
people only pass on opinions because they want to help
x

The comment wasn't to help though, we're well established with weaning, it was just to dig

I'm not sure which comment you mean as i can't really see anything out of order, but people read stuff other ways i understand that

It just made me feel a bit Eek as though no opinions were wanted so no one would feel like they could comment
If you get what i mean

But it is really great that she is doing so well with it

I didn't really post for comments on what I'm doing, just wondered how everyone else was getting on. I'll change it though.

ciarans doing well too :D he has 9oz bottle fed in the morning but wont take anything afterwards so at lunch time he gets his 9oz bottle then about 1/2 hour later he gets a yogurt :D then at dinner times he gets his 9oz bottle then 1/2 hour later he gets his dinner , at dinner time and lunch time he eats the lot he never seems to be full up lol

Thanks Toria, I agree with Amy, your post is really reassuring (sp), Erin is 4 months and I was thinking of weaning her early because I go back to work when she is 5 and half months old and thought it would be easier for me to wean her than the child minder. However she is really happy taking 5 6oz bottles a day, her weight is increasing nicely and she sleeps through the night for 11 hours without a feed. I think I will do what you have done and leave her until she is completely ready. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->