We're ready to TTC but...

WTTMommy

Mama to Rach
Reaction score
So my husband has been saying the past few nights that we should have a baby!! So at first I was like :happydance: but after thinking about it further, I was like :huh:

The only thing holding me back is that we won't have space for a baby. We live in a 2 bedroom flat. My sister is currently occupying the 2nd bedroom and she'll be with us for about another year and a half. We also have my teenage cousin sleeping on our couch... not sure how long he'll be with us, but it could be a while.

So 4 people in a 2 br flat... and we wanna bring a baby home. We're considering renting a 3 bedroom flat but even with that, my cousin would probably occupy the 3rd br and baby would live with us in our master br until our live in guests move out. (we can't afford to rent a 4 br right now.. we're already renting our 2 br flat for $1077.00 CDN/month)... and our guests don't contribute to rent so it's just hubby's income.

Am I being too materialistic? I suppose by the time our baby is 6 months (if I get preg right away), our guests will be out and he/she can have his/her own room... right? Should I just worry about it later and go for it now? Advice would be appreciated :)

I would discuss with with your cousin and sister. See if they are willing to shift earlier!

Am I being too materialistic? I suppose by the time our baby is 6 months (if I get preg right away), our guests will be out and he/she can have his/her own room... right? Should I just worry about it later and go for it now? Advice would be appreciated :)

Gosh I'd go for it if I were you! I mean, I can't possibly know the finite details of the situation, but if I were to hazard a guess you'd find it no trouble at all having your little one in your room to start (making night feedings easier too) and your two guests knowing you are a family that firmly might help cement the dates they're planning on moving out. They might otherwise find reasons to procrastinate, you know? (sorry, I don't know them and for all I know they could be very very respectful and leave when they said they were going to) Heck maybe they'd be motivated to find their own places sooner with the little one crying at all hours and waking them up as well as the two of you!! :rofl:

My point is that life always has variables, and if you put off pursuing what you want out of life, waiting for the 'right time' or 'ideal conditions' you may find yourself perpetually waiting!

Hubby and I don't own a home, he's still an Apprentice, and we only just barely have enough space for a little one, but as soon as he's home we're going to go for it! If it weren't for the fact that I'll only see him every other weekend for months at a time, we'd be trying now! (don't want him to miss out on Ultrasounds or anything at all!) We had been thinking we'd wait until he's a Journeyman and we owned a home, but that's at least another four years away, and four years is a loooong time to put your life on pause!

I would go for it - you will have the baby in your room for at least 6 months anyway = things may have changed by then and your guests may have gone by then, things change

Good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->