Were you expecting it?

marie1112

Reaction score
When you went into labor, whether it started with contractions, your water breaking, etc, did you feel like it was coming soon, or were you totally surprised? I'm 37 weeks now and though I know it could happen at any time, I don't feel like it's going to to be any time soon... Did you have any sort of intuition beforehand that it would be within the week/a few days/etc?

my waters broke at 430 in the morning with a pop, no sign at all before hand, and no pain straight away, i took myself off for a shower and had a shave then managed the loo and got my bag ready, had a cuppa, and my mild pains started about 630 and then were worse by 930
never really thought that maybe it wouldnt happen so quick lol

that happened basically the same way with my first too.

not sure if i should expect the same thing to happen with this one, but i get heaps of braxton hicks!!! xx

I wasn't expecting it all with the birth of my son. I had him at 39 weeks & that day I had done everything as usual, went shopping, cleaned house etc. In hindsight I did feel uncomfortable that day but nothing more than I usually did - we all know how uncomfortable those last few weeks are!

I started feeling contractions at 10pm at night & they were very sudden.. I had no warning of them coming, just started getting them! I knew straight away what they were & started timing them after the first 3, they weren't overly painful but they were regular. I labored at home for the first 5 hours & still wasn't going to go in but I really wanted an epi so I didn't want to miss out - guess what?? I did miss out, I was already 8cm when I arrived =(

I'm now preparing for the arrival of our 2nd child by elective c-section on the 23rd of Dec!!!

I was a 41+1 when LO came. On the Saturday morning I had no idea it was coming, I felt like it would never happen!
My that afternoon the contractions started and I knew things were happening. It took him until the Monday morning to actually arrive though!

I had no signs at all until my waters broke at 41 weeks. 6.5 hours later my LO was in my arms xx

This thread is giving me a little bit of hope, seeing as I'm 5 days from my due date and have had no symptoms whatsoever - no BH, no plug, no cramping, no nothing. So maybe I WON'T necessarily be pregnant all the way to 42 weeks lol!

I had no symptoms at all, with my first. Drove my husband to work one morning, and contractions started. Didn't lose my plug until I'd been having contractions for several hours, and my waters then went Hollywood-style after about 12 hours.

i was 39 weeks 6 days and was having minor contractions at 7am. i went to work from 9-1 and went home and ate and napped then went to the hospital at 430 pm. i was admitted at 6pm and had her at 1:58am

Mine started totally out of the blue. I was 38+4 and had had a normal, busy day and a relaxing evening. Went to bed at 1am but it was hot so I couldn't sleep, got my 1st contraction at 2am and they came on quickly from the start. My LO was born at 6am!

We were so shocked that not only had she come 10 days early but she arrived in just 4 hours, with no prior warning!

i was 40+9 when i woke up at 5am with mild contractions. They were not painful but regular and different to BH. They continued like that until i was around 3cm dilated which was at 3pm that afternoon. Noah was born at midnight.

i had no signs leading up to the start of my contraptions. I just woke up with them.

No signs at all, in fact, the day before my waters started, I was hormonal and crying that I was going to go 2 weeks over and be induced! She came at 40+4.

My labour started out of the blue when my waters broke at 41 weeks :thumbup:

I felt it coming on as my labour progressed veerrrry slowly. It took me 3 days to get to 1-2cm but I was contracting irregularly through those 3 days :wacko:

I'm not sure if I 'knew' I would go into labour though. I was quite surprised when I started losing my plug/getting tightenings.

Yes and no. I only knew it on one of my deliveries. The night before I felt really bad and slept little and even told my husband that I thought I'd have the baby the next day. I did. :)

With my first 3 kids had no idea until contractions or water broke. Waiting to see wht happens this time

With DD I wasnt expecting it. I had my last day at work on the Saturday - was 37+2. Remember on the Sunday saying to everyone - not felt anything, no twnges or anything so think ill go over. Then on the Monday (37+4) went to toilet at about 10pm and lost my plug - still just though ah well we will see what happens:coffee:

Then in the morning started getting tightenings that were irregular, so went to ASDA, got a vindaloo and walked around alot to speed things up and then contractions got closer and more painful throughout the daym then had her Wed.

So in answer to your question - nope def wasnt expecting it!:thumbup:

I had no signs or feeling - just started getting period-like pains but even as they got stronger I was in denial as every website I checked said contractions involve back pain!

Nope, no signs for me either. I'd been at day care at 41+1 and was told that they wouldn't induce me that day as I was nowhere near ready and I wasn't going to go on my own. I was booked to go back to be induced at 41+5. I was utterly distraught but then resigned to being induced. But....I woke suddenly at 3am the next day with contractions and J arrived 45 hours later (the day before I was due to be induced).

From about 38 weeks I got really impatient. Went to bed thinking 'tonight could be the night' and then woke up thinking 'today could be the day' but nothing. The day before I went into labour at 39+4 I had a heart to heart with my friends mum who advised myself to stop expecting labour as she thought it could be hindering it. That night I went to bed and I said to myself 'tonight won't be the night and today won't be the day' and voila my contractions started a couple of hours later

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->