We've Had a BREAKTHROUGH!!!!

Tsia

My MyloMan - he turned 1!
Reaction score
I cannot believe I am typing this..

for the last 3 weeks since trying to start mylo weaning after totally refusing the puree from a spoon.. we have been BLW.
Hes been having mostly what we have in finger food form.. sucking it.. mushing it into his face, dropping it.. nothing going down really.
But i feel that doing this has given him the taste for food and bang on the 6 months old mark- I decided to try again.. with the puree.

I made up some babys fruity yoghurt by heinz (the powder stuff) in a little bowl.. absolutely aprehensive that I would be giving this to the dog in a little while.. whilst mylo sucked on a finger of toast.
I dipped his soggy ended toast in the yoghurt and gave it back to him.. he noticed the change in taste but continued.. so I thought GREAT!!! I'll get the new pureed foods in him this way. after a couple of trys doing that I decided to be brave... I offered him a spoon with some on.. and to my amazement.. he opened his mouth for me to put it in!!! where aS BEFORE.. ANY SITE OF THE SPOON HE WOULD TURN HIS HEAD AND CLAMP HIS MOUTH DOWN IN PROTEST.
Well.. I managed to get in the whole 4-5 teaspoons of yoghurt and could tell he was getting fed up towards the end.. but oh I am so proud of my little boy!!
well he had the usual milk throughout the day.. then some 5 hours later... I had an idea to try the same with lunch.
So mylo's sucking away on one of my quavers.. and i made up some broccolli and cheese powder stuff also by heinz.
again.. dipped the quaver in.. to give him the taste.. and again proceeded to successfully feed him the whole 4 teaspoon fuls again!!
I am so happy!!

But is this a phase or is my baby boy finally eating from a spoon? YAY!!!!!

I iwll continue now doing both.. the puree and BLW. :thumbup::hugs:

So I spose this post is to give other mummies hope if theyre little baby isnt taking to eating from a spoon either. Dont give up!

Wow thats fantastic news!! It really has made me feel better! I stared weaning Brandon a few days ago and he doesnt seem too keen on it!

Can I ask...what kinds of finger foods did u give Mylo? Ive been considering Brandon with finger foods but dont know what to give him!

Huge congrats and well done to little Mylo!! x x x

fingers of toast mostly.. he sucks the butter off.. lol

but I vary this with the taste of the purees on top.. mashed avacado.. etc
cheese on toast finger (cooled down obviously)
slices of apple (skin on to increase grip)
half a banana
bit of fish finger
a chunky homemade chip! lol
wotsits.. he loves them.
maryland cookie (what a mess)
farleys rusk! (which has more sugar in that a cookie believe it or not)
steamed broccolli with longish stem from my dinner
carrot baton cooked from my plate too.. (sometimes dipped in my stew gravy or similar)
organis finger foods for babies.. rice cakes,, sweetcorn rings. those are just like bland crisps.. and say 7 months+ but hes fine.

anything really.. but ejoying seeing him actually eating something off the spoon now aswell!

Aw wow good on him!! I might give Brandon a wee bit of banana today! Ive got the reduced sugar rusks in the cupboard, but Im gonna guess that they are still probably full of sugar! I just assumed that cause they were for babies they would fine!

Finger foods sound like so much fun! x x x

he had 4-5 teaspoonfulls of fruity porridge at 11am today! YAY!!

but at 2pm wasnt interested in the fishermans pie mush. lol.. just his quavers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->