What a fleg!

marley2580

Reaction score
I co-sleep with Kaya and her dad. I woke up last night and when I opened my eyes Kaya was gone!!! I instantly lifted the cover to find that somehow she's wriggled down under the cover to lie horizontally between me and Barry! All without waking me. Needless to say I woke up at every twitch after that - she was rolling about all over the place in her sleep! :wacko::wacko:

Oh wow what a wriggler you have!!
must have been a scary few seconds for you hun x

Can i ask, why do you co-sleep? (not with your partner obviously :) the baby)

If Matthew is collicky he will fall asleep laid on my chest and then I'll put him back in his cot. I just wondered why you opt for co-sleeping rather than putting her in a cot. I'm intrigued to know as I haven't done it before, I'm too scared I'll squash him :)

With my first i used to breastfeed in the night and on a few occasions woke to find her further down the bed. Scared me so always made sure I put her back in cot after each feed. Scared she would overheat or me and oh would push her off bed. Never sure how she managed to get there though:wacko:

I feed Aaron in bed at night and sometimes fall asleep with him there or keep him with us if he's being fussy. Often though, I wake up in a panic when he's not next to me, only to find him sleeping peacefully in his cot! :rofl:

We chose to co-sleep for a few reasons. First, she just wouldn't settle in the crib. When we're in bed together I wake up when she stirs and starts rooting for food so I can feed her without her waking up - on average she sleeps from 7pm to 7am without ever waking properly. If you co-sleep properly and take proper precautions it is as safe, if not safer, as having them in a crib next to the bed. The other reason is that everyone in my family has or does co-sleep and they all loved it.

On another note, I woke up just in time to catch her rolling down again. I think her sleep pattern has changed coz she's rolling around a lot in bed while fast asleep. Just means that my sleep pattern has to change to accomodate.

it looks like, once they find out how to move around themselves, they get very excited about it!

we had two occasions so far were I found Juleika stuck with her legs between the railing of her cot in the morning :baby: (I might need to get those cot bumpers?)

as well when she is on the floor she has fun to turn even upside down :baby:

i co slept with my first son and on so many occasions i had the same problem several times to find he'd wiggled down i was then to scared to keep doing it so i stopped and with my last to they've never been in bed with us at all and i tell ya what we all have a much better sleep lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->