What a sad story..

babyjan

Mum&expecting#2
Reaction score
Absolutely heartbreaking :cry:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...e-year-old-girl-tried-fight-killer-nanny.html

I'm lost for words it's so unbelievably tragic, makes me even more glad I am a sahm ! Poor kids, and how their parents will get through this is beyond me :nope:

Absolutely tragic :(

But whoever took those photos of the mother should be absolutely ashamed of themselves, as should anyone printing them. Imagine actually making money from that.

Awful, and those pictures? Truly harrowing. It is disgusting that they were taken, let alone printed. The poor parents, that poor family, those poor darlings. Every Mums worst nightmare :cry:

I agree, I don't understand why those pictures were taken of her at that point

I am going tomorrow to leave a little something for them, my heart is broken for that woman. She will never be at peace again she will never have a mended heart. I am absolutely devastated for her...... :cry::cry::cry::cry: God has 2 angels now, their death was just so unnecessary

This is an awful awful story.
Those pictures were a major violation of that poor woman's grief and privacy. I feel sickened that I just saw those images of her. It was totally unnecessary to the story. The written description was more than enough.

Such a sad story :cry:

Those pictures are disgusting. In the UK the laws around the bereaved and press are quite strict but not sure how it works with the photos being taken in NY even though the DM is a UK paper :shrug:

Most of the photos in that report are her own Marina Krim's, the photos of her in the ambulance with her oldest child were taken by the news and in the lobby holding her living child , i think. I almost died when i saw them :cry::cry: My heart just broke. They should not have posted them and shown them, they did not show it on TV , they did show a brief glimpse of her in the ambulance but not to the extent of the main picture. There is no law against showing those pictures, it comes down to morals and obviously they don't have any. I don't even want to see them again, my heart is broken for her :cry:

Yes the ambulance ones are the ones I was talking about, it isnt right. Here we have something called the press complaints comission and they have quite strict rules on harrassing the bereaved and stuff (I know cos a woman tried to force me to tell my story and we looked up all the rules and then threatened them with the press complaints, so she left us alone). But it isnt as simple cos the photos were taken here, so I dont know if they cover it..

And the other thing that pisses me off is they keep saying affluent how much money they had, how they are now staying in a luxury Manhattan hotel :cry:
Who the FU** cares about that? What the hell does money have to do with loosing a child? Ridiculous .....

I imagine that is a look it can happen to anyone sort of thing. :hugs:

I agree those pictures are a violation of the family's grief.... No one knows what a mother feels like if her child dies. Unless they have been through it.... But if they are murdered... The grief and anger would be a million times that of a million"normal" death... That poor family. Nothing will ever be good again.

I agree those pictures are a violation of the family's grief.... No one knows what a mother feels like if her child dies. Unless they have been through it.... But if they are murdered... The grief and anger would be a million times that of a million"normal" death... That poor family. Nothing will ever be good again.

I don't think the grief would be a million times greater, maybe the anger would be cause of the manner they were taken, but not the grief. You are right nobody understands this and never will till it happens to them and I pray it never does happen to anyone :cry: JMO :hugs:

I was including the anger as part of the grief.. When my son died if i had someone to blame i would have beenout of control howling for their blood.

I was including the anger as part of the grief.. When my son died if i had someone to blame i would have beenout of control howling for their blood.

My anger came after my grief. My grief is ten times worse, my anger didn't last to long, but if my kids were taken from me in this manner, my anger probably would of killed me or that woman if she lives .. Very sad story

My heart breaks for the family. I hug my baby extra close. Heaven help anyone who tries to hurt my kids like that because I will hunt them down and make it as slow and painful as I can. I used to date a guy who lived in the apartment complex where the 10 month old baby was killed and left in the basement by a family "friend" wanting to use her as a ransom. How can anyone harm a baby or child? Sick.

This is just so so sad :( Those pictures of her in the ambulance are awful, such a violation. RIP babies x

My heart breaks for the family. I hug my baby extra close. Heaven help anyone who tries to hurt my kids like that because I will hunt them down and make it as slow and painful as I can. I used to date a guy who lived in the apartment complex where the 10 month old baby was killed and left in the basement by a family "friend" wanting to use her as a ransom. How can anyone harm a baby or child? Sick.

While I absolutely share your mama bear rage, I think this is a very rare and tragic case of an individual having a mental breakdown. Psychotic episodes can sometimes be incredibly violent towards others. From the story, it sounds like there were only small hints of how distressed she was becoming. There was no indication that she was so close to snapping. I know it doesn't bring the children back and it certainly doesn't make what she did okay, but I don't think she was at all in her right mind. I don't think she plotted this, or anything. It sounds like she just snapped. It was horrible and tragic, but part of me feels for her, too. We had a very tragic case of a mental breakdown here a few years ago that resulted in a mother and two small girls, as well as their downstairs tenant all being murdered by the dad. He had a complete total breakdown and went completely psychotic and violent. He had been nothing but caring, loving, wonderful dad and partner before that. It is very very rare, but it happens. I think it is different from the ransom situation you described, in which someone planned to do that. I think that man, and this nanny, would have had no idea what they were doing in the moment. The man in my story killed himself. And honestly? What a mercy. To regain some lucidity and realize what you did? My mind cannot even go there.

Sarah, I love your posts x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->