What a sad story..

What a shocking, shocking story

RIP beautiful children.

I couldnt even begin to imagine the families grief. Horrific :(

I agree that she was definitely crazy, but for me I would kill myself before I would take anyone's life, especially a child. If she lives and those were my children she would be dead real soon. crazy or not..........

I agree that she was definitely crazy, but for me I would kill myself before I would take anyone's life, especially a child. If she lives and those were my children she would be dead real soon. crazy or not..........

But bear in mind that your statement implies that you could even differentiate between self-harm and attacking. In these incredibly rare cases, the description I have read is basically that "you" are gone. Something completely disconnected takes over. There is no choosing. And very little forewarning.
I don't know what I would do if I were ever (shudder) in a situation like this. I don't think killing the killer would solve anything in this context. Nor am I convinced that it would make me feel any better. It would be like getting violently angry at the patch of ice that caused the car accident that killed my kids. The person who snaps does not intend to do so. They aren't in control by any stretch of the imagination. It is accidental in a sense - all of the factors just happening in the wrong place at the wrong time. No one is to blame, really.
Now, if it were premeditated, if the killer was coldly calculating how to harm my children, very different story for me - I think I'd have to be restrained. But in a case like this... I really don't know if I could/would feel any sort of redemption in taking her out. If she lives and regains lucidity, I really think her torment in knowing what she did will be far more painful than death.
It is so harrowing even trying to think about being in that mother's shoes right now. Just awful. Nothing can change what happened, so I just hope that some day that family can find a bit of peace, a bit of healing, a way to cope. That's all you can hope for, I think. :cry:

Sarah is right.

Having seen psychosis first hand, the person that you know is often completely go at that time. My sister has had 2 psychotic episodes so far and both times her perception of reality was warped beyond recognition. She was not a violent psychotic at all. But in the first instance went from being a typical 19 year old that wouldn't leave the house without hair and make up done to one that didn't wash for weeks, walked outside barefoot so her feet were literally black. She insisted she was tinker bell, Cheryl Cole and Lady Gaga, which while it sounds amusing, to have a very sane girl suddenly truly believing this, while having completely lost the ability to care for themselves, is actually terrifying. She would walk out in her nightie at night and leave belongings on people's doorsteps. When she was sectioned and we found out about all this (she lived away) and went straight to see her, she was literally a shell.

The point of sharing this is that no-one can possibly EVER say what they would or wouldn't do is they had a psychotic episode. It completely takes control of you and your perceptions of normality, reality and right from wrong are completely warped.

Once my sister recovered, she was back to her normal self completely and cannot believe she ever said or did the things she did. It wasn't HER that behaved as she did, not the herr we know and love. It was the her in the grips of an illness that controlled her actions.

I really couldn't care less if she was psychotic at the time of killing my children, I would 100% want her dead. It probably wouldn't help me feel better and I'd be punished for doing so, but I wouldn't be able to live with the fact knowing she still lived and my children were gone.

I think people like this should be detained indefinitely with ongoing treatment. As much as it would test my restraints, such persons cannot be held culpable for actions of which they have no control.

Such a sad story, I cat even imagine how that would feel, it makes me feel sick. Such an invasion of privacy too, such a tragic loss.

So sad. I'm in tears over this. No parent should ever have to experience this, and no innocent child deserves this! And those ambulance pictures are disgusting. Taking pictures in her most private and heartbreaking moments. What a piece of shit that person is!
I honestly wouldn't care at the moment what problems the nanny had, im pretty sure I would have finished killing her before the ambulance arrived. It just doesnt matter to me if she had problems when it comes to taking my childs life.

The Daily Mail would of course publish those photos, that moment of grief and raw emotion should have NEVER been invaded that way.
The press disgust me.
I feel so so awful for the family.
:hugs:
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79