What a trip it's been..

Celeste Ann

Reaction score
This will be long, I warn you now! :thumbup:
I haven't gotten on in quite some time, due to problems occuring in the past months. So his announcement is quite late. :blush:

William "Liam" Lionel McKay
On October 24th, 2014.
At 10:37pm weighing a whopping 9lbs 9 oz 22in. long.

I went a total, and exact, of 41 weeks pregnant. It was a long, LONG 41 weeks, but certainly worth it, more or less, in the end. At 40 weeks and 4 days I went to my obgyn to schedule my inducement on Friday, October 24th, 2014. When I went in for this appointment I had also asked to sweep my membranes. I found out that they don't do it there, but she told me she would do it for me anyway since I'm over 40 weeks. It wasn't very uncomfortable like most people said, but it did cause slight cramping afterwards. On Thursday I had given up and assumed that the sweep failed, but around 4pm I started to have contractions, they were very irregular, but I knew that the time would be soon. I had them all day and night, to the point where I could not sleep. No matter, On Friday at 6am I was supposed to come in and be induced anyway. Which is what ended up happening. I got there and they checked me to see how far along I was, it turned out I was 6 cm. When I was checked at my appointment I was barely even a 3. Things went pretty quickly when I got there. They hooked me up to an IV, the pitocin, broke my water, and gave me an epidural. This was all done before 9:30am. I became fully dilated around 3pm-4pm. Which is where I continued to sit til 6 when it was finally my turn to push. Only..I guess my little man still did not want to come. I pushed til 9:50pm. During those hours my little boy's heart rate continuously dropped and returned. My midwife had me on my side, back, hands and knees and squatting to push. He just would not come. It turned out that his head was very badly swollen (Seen in one of the pics), he was facing up (when they're supposed to be facing down) and the little guy was quite big (9.9) I could not get him out for the life of me. Around 7pm they turned my epidural off and turned up the pitocin. I don't know why in earth they did this, but let me tell you the pain was horrifying. I screamed and cried. When the midwife left and the nurse was in there turning up, she said to me that she couldn't believe she was turning it up. It was only going to make the contractions a lot worse. And it did. Then finally at 9:50pm, after his heart rate dropping at several times she went to get the nurse who was doing c-sections that night. She came in and checked me and right away she knew their was no way of him coming out and that his head was very badly swollen from all the pushing and such. They prepped me to go into surgery. They gave me some kind of numbing medications (never gave me a spinal). The nurse put it in and asked me to move my legs, and I did. He seemed surprised so he put more in and asked to move them again. And I did, this happened about 4 times. But nothing was done. So I was wheeled off to the surgery room where I saw nurses everywhere, the midwife, and the doctor. I felt very nauseous. (Something that I had left out was that I had been puking throughout the day) So the anesthesiologist gave me something pretty quickly for it. They wiped me down and all that fun stuff. When they started to cut into me I felt a sharp tingling pain above my pubic bone. It was very VERY uncomfortable. I told them and they ignored it. It got really bad when they started to pull the muscle apart. The nurses that were in the room started come over and hold my legs and arms down. My boyfriend is just sitting there white as a ghost very scared. I told the anesthesiologist to just knock me out, I can't take the pain anymore. It was either that or I was going to pass out from the pain. He said to me, "don't you want to see your baby." And it made me feel bad. So I said alright, and waited. What felt like hours before I heard his screams. I heard two cries which is when I looked into the anesthesiologist's eyes (felt like I was looking into his soul) and told him, "Knock. Me. Out. Now." When they were taking him out they moved him around so much the pain was a killer. And then I remember waking up in the post-op room. The anesthesiologist was talking to me an apologizing to me. I asked him how long I was sleeping for and he said you fell asleep after you asked me for something. He told me that he didn't get anything quick enough before I was went out.

My boyfriend told me he left the room in tears:cry: and they never told my family if I were okay or how I was doing until about 12:30. Keep in mind, my son was born at 10:37pm. It was definitely a "bad" experience but it was all very much worth it in the end. If I could go back and change it, I can't lie, I would definitely change my doctor. I will never go to them again.

Sending lots of big hugs your way, Celeste Ann. I just can't believe that this day and age, they would stil treat anyone that way, let alone a pregnant woman. I would understand this if it was a sudden emergency, but you were in the hospital and being monitored for hours ànd you already had an epidural in place which they easily could have used. I'm very sorry you had to go through all that.
A big congratulations on your little one and I wish you a very speedy recovery.

Congrats! Your baby was born healthy, and that's what really counts. But still, what a traumatic experience to feel the c-section. And why on earth did they wait so long to perform the c-section in the first place? Hopefully the bad memories fade with time.

Btw, some of the pastel colors make your post a little hard to read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->