What a weird night!!!!

Lulu

1 dude & 1 dudette
Reaction score
I have just had a really odd night odd!

It was my work's christmas lunch, and what we normally do is take the afternoon off, have a nice lunch and then go somewhere and sit together and catch up with each other.

Obviously today I wasn't drinking anything stronger than fizzy water, everyone else was having a glass of wine or 3 and getting slightly merry! Everyone was fine apart from one girl, who was getting really, really drunk (so much so she was having trouble standing upright by 6pm!!). Anyway this girl, who for normal is fairly standoff-ish and not very pleasant most of the time in the office, sat beside me and asked me 'so when am I allowed to put my hand on your tummy and feel the kicks?' :nope: But when she said 'feel the kicks' she was punching her fist into her other hand :shock:

I tried to explain that it's a bit too early yet (I'm not quite 17 weeks), and to be honest I'm not keen on anyone, other than DH & family, touching my bump, but she kept saying 'when can I feel the kicks' and punching her hand!

I found it really aggressive and unsettling. I know she was just drunk but I also know that she's the type of person who won't apologise for this. I don't know if I want to be around her when my bump gets bigger and I do start to feel kicks when I'm at work.

Am I being overly sensitive or would you agree that that was unacceptable behaviour?

Well that's really odd...why would she punch her fist into her hand?! Some people are seriously odd when they are drunk!! I absolutely HATE when people come up and rub my bump if they aren't family or close friends. Maybe she won't even mention it again once shes sobered up but if she does just tell her again that you really only like family and close friends feeling your bump. I am sure if you tell her when she is sober she will understand!

People do strange things when they get too drunk... Maybe she just doesn't know how to socialize properly without drinking to loosen up and that's why she's unpleasant normally at the office? I wouldn't look at her actions as being aggressive or anything she was just probably really loaded and didn't know what she was doing.. in fact she might not even want to feel the kicks at all whilst sober and was really just trying to strike up a conversation cause she was drunk.

I think that either
a) her movement was meant to suggest a baby kicking you, not her punching the baby..
or b) she is a psycho.

not sure which.

Strange!

On the other hand, isn't it entertaining being sober and watching everyone else act like silly people when they're drunk? LOL

I think that either
a) her movement was meant to suggest a baby kicking you, not her punching the baby..
or b) she is a psycho.

not sure which.

That made me :rofl:

If the woman is stand-offish at work then she probably won't even mention feeling your bump when she's sober. In fact, she's probably having vague recollections about if and thinking wtf?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->