What about when we're all old?

sleepinbeauty

WTT#1 after marriage
Reaction score
Ok, I'm only 19 but I think about this fairly often. My great-grandmother only recently passed away (1 year ago in July). She was an amazing woman and I love her to death.

...but she was 98 years old. This isn't an uncommon thing in my family. Which makes me think about how I will probably (most definitely) outlive my OH. This kills me. I can't imagine loosing him forever.

But I started to think about something else....who will I have left? My 1st sister's fiance is infertile. That leaves all the "kid-having" to my littlest sister, provided she doesn't have endometriosis too (runs in the family). Obviously, my grandparents/parents will be long gone by then. My sisters will be in no shape to take care of me any more than I will be able to care for them.

OH says I'm being ridiculous, that I'll have friends and family....but I've seen the life of a really old woman....it's a lonely and scary one.

One more reason to have kids, I say. OH says "absolutely not."

oh hun, you have to try not to think of things like that!! Anything can happen at any time and so you just need to live for the moment and don't worry about the future xx

Yeah, I'm fine or whatever.....but I can't help but think about that kind of stuff, you know?

I think about weird things hahaha

I think like that quite often actually!! It really scares me so i like try 2 not think like that! I was talking with OH bout it other day and he was telling me how his grandma lost her husband, mam and dad all within 1 year, I asked him how she got on with her life after all that and he said it was because she had her kids and grandkids 2 live for. Its scary so I want lots & lots of kids! I come from quite a big family anyway so it would only feel natural!
Bunnyg82 is right tho, we shud try not to think like that and live 4 the moment! xx

Yeah, I try really hard....but if I'm going to do something about it, it has o be somewhat soon! If only OH could see if my way...

Hi,
This was something that made my mind up to have two children, I didnt want my eldest (and at the time only) to be alone after I had died. Morbid but it was something that factored into dd2.
Its right though, we should live for the moment :)

Aww hunni its hard not to think isnt it, dont let it worry you though.
I do understand what you mean and hope OH does x

I understand where you are coming from hun but think that you really need to live for the moment and enjoy it. I hope OH comes round and you get your wish soon thou

Don't get me wrong, I'm not consumed by it or anything....but it doens't hurt to plan for the future, you know?

He said i could adopt a teenager someday. Gee, thanks. -_-* I want a BABY! I wanna do it ALL!

Yeah, I'm fine or whatever.....but I can't help but think about that kind of stuff, you know?

I think about weird things hahaha

In think about weird things aswell and it freaks me out. I just try to enjoy my time for the moment and try not to think about when I'm an oldie woldie:hugs:. I'm scared sick about loosing my loved ones. Take it easy hun and make the best of the time as it comes.xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->