What age did you start BLW?

znwinnie

Reaction score
Hi,

I know that blw is recommended from 6 months, but I've noticed from a couple of tickers that some ladies have introduced some finger foods a bit earlier.

I was just hoping to get an idea of when you started? :flower:

Thanks

I started offering finger foods at just over 5 months. A few others who do BLW started between 5 and 6 months.

I started at about 5 months coz G pinched my toast and started chewing it. I stuck to fruits and veggies and gluten free toast at first but by 5.5 months he had dairy too. I was happy offering food coz I thought not much would go in as he was just learning handling skills textures etc.

We started at exactly 6 months here, her first BLW food was melon!

Started at 6 months. Think we gave her the odd piece of veg to play with at 5.5 months but nothing got eaten until about 6.5 months.

We started at 6 months. I was quite scared about weaning to begin with, but it's going well so far. BLW is more fun than I ever imagined!

He was just over 5 months, sat him in the highchair to see how he liked it and put some food on the table. straight in his mouth and bits in the nappy next day. since then he hasn't had solids every day but in the last week he has. working up to more meals now (currently doing one or two). I had planned to wait till 6 months exactly but then I read the Gill Rapley book and figured I'd let him show us if he was ready, and it was plain he was.

well, just after 5 months he nicked a green bean! then a couple of weeks after that we offered him a little something once a day (just veg etc) then abt a week b4 he turned 6 months we started offereing him something each time we had something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->