What age did your child start recollecting dreams/nightmares?

adrie

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

At what age did your child begin to recollect and tell you about his or her dreams or nightmares?

Our daughter is 4y3mo and has probably started this within the last 6mo or so.

I find it really interesting. It's so cute to hear this stuff.

My son is 3.5 and has recently been doing this. I think it's been in the last two months. He mostly seems to recall just the scary ones right now.

Only started telling me around 4 and more often as we approach 5.

around 3.5 here too, and it's mostly scary ones or funny ones she tells me about.

i absolutely love it, i find it unbelievably adorable hearing the 'weird' dreams she has :haha:

My son who recently turned 4 has started telling me all about his dreams they are very vivid and detailed - he calls them stories

My DD2 is nearly 2.5 and has just int he last few weeks started talking about her dreams; she has a recurring nightmare about a turtle/turtles which gets stuck in water and can't swim. The first time she was really upset and DH told her "but turtles can swim", she stopped crying right away and went back to bed happily! So sweet :haha:

My 5.5 year old goes into great detail about her dreams and has since for a long time but I can't tell if she's just making it up most of the time or if she actually dreamt it.

They probably remember them right away but don't have the skills to discuss them. Leo is 2 years 11 months and recently mentioned a dream. I don't know if he made it up though...

Violet is 5 years 3 months and has talked about her dreams. However, I think she has a hard time distinguishing between an actual dream and something she was just thinking about. It sounds like she's really good at visualizing, so I guess it might be harder to distinguish. She also seems to have a hard time fully understanding sleep. For example, if she lays in bed and closes her eyes, she seems to genuinely think that that means she's sleeping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->