What age for a Nintendo 2DS/3DS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AP

Reaction score
Alex is very good with technology, but better doing puzzles than actual action games. Do you think it would be appropriate for a 3/4 year old? (that's about her mental age, she's 5)

I think it would be appropriate.

My Callum is 4 next month and has autism and I think he would do amazing with it, for some reason autistic children tend to be very good with technology so I think it would be fine

I think 4 is a good age. My son has my sisters old ds and within a few weeks he was using it very well, I was amazed how quickly he learnt! He is 5 in January x

DS has had the 3DS since he was 4, he knows how to switch on the 3D though which isn't good for their eyes at this age, so I'd go for the 2DS if I could choose again :thumbup:

Think I'll go for the 2DS if I do , good point!

My daughter is having the 2DS for Christmas (won't get the 3 DS) and she will be 4 in April

I'm getting the 2ds for my little boy who is 3 (4 in april). Not sure what are good games yet though! x

Matthew has his granddads old dsi and works it perfectly and has done from he was not much older than 3. He's getting the 2ds for Christmas :thumbup: ETA - he'll be 5 at Christmas.

My DD is getting the DS for Christmas, she is 5 in January

The 3d can be turned off and password protected on the 3ds. My boys both prefer the 3ds xl and my nephews 3ds....ds2 who had the 2ds won't really play it for some reason lol but it does have the advantage of being chunkier,not so delicate and you haven't got any hinges on it to break.
My boys have been using a ds of some sort since they were 3 so definitely age appropriate

My 6 year old has the 2ds and it's great. I would definately say that over the 3ds and it still plays the 3ds games x

The 3d can be turned off and password protected on the 3ds. My boys both prefer the 3ds xl and my nephews 3ds....ds2 who had the 2ds won't really play it for some reason lol but it does have the advantage of being chunkier,not so delicate and you haven't got any hinges on it to break.
My boys have been using a ds of some sort since they were 3 so definitely age appropriate

There's ways of activating the 3DS without the password, as DS sneakily discovered lol, can't remember what menus he went through but will ask DH when he's home. There will prob be an update to fix that now though as I imagine a lot of parents will have had the same prob, but check it out first :thumbup:

Forgot to say DS' is the 3DS XL, not sure if the normal 3DS had those probs. :flower:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back