What age gap is there between your kids??

Hi

I've got a 3 year 3 month gap between my first two, then a 5 year 3 month gap between my second and third. I found the smaller gap easy until DD1 was about 4 months old and wanting more stimulation, then it became quite hard because they wanted to do different things. The gap this time has been easy in that my DS and DD1 are at school during the day so I get to spend time on my own with DD2 before I go back to work which is nice. I do worry however, about when DD2 is old enough to want to go to indoor play places, activity centres etc and the other 2 won't want to do that anymore. I think entertaining them all at the same time might be hard.

On the plus side with the bigger gap, the older two are very helpful and they absolutely adore DD2. They're old enough to understand she needs lots of feeding and lots of sleep, and we sit together reading books, playing games on the floor or watching tv together while I'm bfing.

My pregnancy with DD1 was easy, even though I had a toddler. My pregnancy with DD2 was very hard because my pelvis split at the front so I struggled to get on the floor to play with my older two, but I managed. I have to say I didn't enjoy the pregnancy as much as I would have liked to because of the pain and being so uncomfortable.

xx

i have a 10, 6, 5 and 5 month old when the middle 2 were babies it was hard work but now its great but when they fight they really fight!!! i love both ! i would do every single one again :) but i also like just having maddie home and the others at school and i love the idea of my eldest being 20 when maddie is 10 that's cute! lol x

I have a 13 yr old, 8yr old and a 4month old. I love the big gaps, as I have been able to really enjoy them as babys when the older ones are at school.

I couldn't have coped with a toddler and a baby, I don't think so any way - too stressful lol.

DD1 & DD2 are 16 months apart
DD2 & DD3 are 12 months & 3 weeks apart
DD3 & DD4 are 6.5 years apart

Lots of pros and cons to both age gaps IMO xxxx

I have 7 years in between mine and I LOVE IT! I would like to have experienced the small age gap too and would assume its way more work.
With a much older sibling they can really help out with everything, when I was first home from the hospital and getting used to having a newborn again and still very sore I dont know what I would have done without him there, he helped a ton.
But I have to say ,the best thing for me is watching Mason experience being a big brother. We have talked about it since he was very little as hes always wanted to be a big brother and when Charlie was born he was SOOOOO happy, and now, its amazing to watch him enjoy his little brother and take pride in being a big brother and keeping his brother happy

There's nearly 15 years between mine it's fab b/c my son really helps out and dotes on his little sister. I don't think I'd have been able to cope with a baby and a toddler or a younger child, it's just notme.
On the down side it's been a huge shock to the system having to get used to a baby again, I don't know whether that's due to my age or what but lets just say she's 3 weeks and I'm only just getting there

I have 7 years in between mine and I LOVE IT! I would like to have experienced the small age gap too and would assume its way more work.
With a much older sibling they can really help out with everything, when I was first home from the hospital and getting used to having a newborn again and still very sore I dont know what I would have done without him there, he helped a ton.
But I have to say ,the best thing for me is watching Mason experience being a big brother. We have talked about it since he was very little as hes always wanted to be a big brother and when Charlie was born he was SOOOOO happy, and now, its amazing to watch him enjoy his little brother and take pride in being a big brother and keeping his brother happy

Same here 7 years I think is a nice gap, Coreys old enough not to feel pushed out by the baby and understands that he may need more attention than him at the moment. Its a beautiful sight seeing the proud and loving look in coreys eyes when he looks at his little brother :cloud9:

My 1st son is 7 in August my new one is 3 weeks

So almost 7 years

We started TTC when my son was 4, 5 years would have been ideal but i have fertility problems so sadly nothing i could do about the gap

The age gap is fine now my 6 year old helps out loads, had to entertain himself in the first week so was happy to play out in the garden on his bike/scooter playing football. I worry they wont play together though when my youngest hits 2/3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->