What age is appropriate to buy LO a cellphone?

If Tegan is developed enough we are getting her a phone for her 4th birthday. Our circs are very different from the norm though.

I was just thinking, now days by 10 kids seem to have cell phones. I think it depends on family activity level. If we are busy with this, that and the other thing, I will get a phone for J pretty early, same with K but I dont know...

My Daughter has a mobile and she is 8, I know she is never gonna be away anywhere far without me but it does mean when she is in her friends house I can fone and make sure she's ok :)

Plus she does dancing and if the class was to ever end earlier than planned it means she wouldn't have to wait around she can just phone me or her daddy and we can go collect her straight away x

I think when they start secondary school is fine.

for me, around 10 i think. Thats the age I'll prob start letting her walk short distances alone but idk, it'll depend on how mature she is :shrug:

my first phone was a bt cellnet one LOL it was around 1999 i think so I would have been 12 or so. It was a good year before the nokias came out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->