What age to start giving more than 3 meals?

Arcanegirl

Bazinga!!
Reaction score
What age do they start to need snacks?

I usually do a finger foods/play about meal before his bath but now with breakfast added in that would make 4 meals (to be fair he doesnt really eat much of the finger foods yet)
Is this feeding him too much?

My boys (minus hayden because it took forever for him to go on solids, didn't start until 9mo) the others though were on 3 meals around 9-10mo old (that's what our pediatrician recommended). Before that we would do like 2 meals and a small snack, like just some puffs or fruit or something..not much. I guess around 12mo they start having 3 meals and a snack or 2.

Ryan's a little bit younger and every now again in the afternoon i offer him cucumber/rusk/banana things like that ect,something different everday and just offer it to him.

Ryan is the same as Alex and also doesn't eat alot of the finger foods and my health visitor said to start offering him things like that so then it's easier to introduce normal food and stage 2 jars as they will be used to texture and breaking the food down.

sorry i haven't been much help but IMO i don't think you are feeding him to much :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->