What age was your mother's menopause...

NatoPMT

Real life mummy
Reaction score
...and what age are you? Do you expect to have menopause at around the same time?

I know mothers menopausal age is supposed to offer a guide as to when yours might be. My friend has just had her first (aged 38 with PCOS - naturally) but she's just found out her mother and grandmother both had menopause at aged 40 and she took only 3 months to get bfp

what are your thoughts?

My mom stopped her AF at 52 but wasn't totally through it until 55. Her mom mygrandmother never had AF again after she gave birth to twins at 44. I should also mention she had another set of twins at 40 and a single at 42.

wow twins at 44!!! Older women are more likely to have twins - I've read they start kicking out eggs before menopause as a final fling. Interesting your mum had twins right before she stopped having af.

are you a twin?

my husband is a twin and his mum had him at 40.

My mom didn't have twins but she was a twin. My grandmother was also a twin and had a total of 3 sets. Two in her 40's and one in her early 30's.
You are much more likely to have twins the older you get but for my family it appears we have a very activie hyper O gene.

3 sets...that's hardcore!!! Hope you get your singleton or even twins very soon

My mom had menopause at 45-50. I think it'll happen to me a wee bit earlier. But i'm trying everything i can to slow the aging down. 3 different antioxidents 2x/day and staying fit, keeping a super healthy diet & staying happy.

I think my mom was started menopause around 50 but still going thru things when she died at 57 (lupus). My sister just turned 50 and is perimenopausal i think she still af pretty regularly tho...

I think your sisters would be a begetter estimate than your mom if you have any.

My thinking is you only have half your moms genes but your sisters share genes from both parents

My mom was over 60. All the women in her family have babies in their 40s and 50s though (accidents lol) so we're all learning to be a little more careful and not let our guards down when we're older.

My mom and grandmother had their last AF at 38... and I'm 37 and just starting TTC #1. My sister was still getting her AF at 44 so hopefully I follow her lead.

My mother and all her sisters had hysterectomies in their late 20's :shrug: it was due to bleeding I think :shrug: I'm 38 and still going so I really don't know when it'll happen for me but I have a feeling it will be early :shrug:

My mum had hers at 55, but I think she was perimenopausal for a while before that and she had had a hysterectomy so her assessment probably is not terribly accurate. Both my grandmothers had babies in their forties.

Age 52 through to about 55/56 for my mum. I think I will be the same as I am virtually identical to her physically (unlike my sister who clearly took her DNA from Dad's side!).

my mum started her menopause at around 37-38 years old,i am 30 now and my sister is 32 so time will tell,me and oh have been thinking about ttc our third child so hopefully will get bfp quite soon,as if anything like my mum i am getting close :)

My mom and both of her sisters were 44; although their mother was 43 and 45 when she had babies #6 and #7.

I am 35 with one ovary and I've been swearing for a couple of years that I'm perimenopausal. Based on my family and my medical history, I will have an early menopause. One doc was guessing 42. Nobody can tell me for sure, and honestly, I don't think I would want to know for sure anyway. There's nothing I can do about it so I may as well be ignorant and happy instead of counting down the time I have left. :wacko:

My mom is 59 and she still has a menstrual cycle. I believe she isn't in full on menopause yet. Her mom got pregnant with my mom at 41/42 yo and miscarried a few years later when my mom was 4 or 5, according to my mom. So I'm hoping to be the same with late set menopause.

I am honestly not sure when my mums was ( she has passed away so I can't ask her, but I think she was well into her 50's )

I am the youngest of 7 though, she had her first child aged 21 and me just before she turned 45....

I am almost 40 now, been trying for over 2 years ( nothing major to report as being a problem... hoping that IVF will start next Tuesday )

My mom had a hysterectomy when she was 42, so I don't know. Her cycle went all wonky after she finally went off BCP and her thyroid started acting up around age 40. Her mom also had a hysterectomy in her 40s. I'm 40 now and I can understand why they had it if they had fibroids and heavy bleeding and didn't want more kids. I wish my great grandma was around to ask her, but I do know she had twins in her 40s (they died at birth). My one aunt had a baby when she was 55, but my other aunt had a hysterectomy in her late 40s. I know a lot of my older friends who were in their early to mid 50s when they finally stopped bleeding. I hope I still have at least 10 more years left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->