What am I doing wrong?? Feel like a crap mummy!!

Logiebear

Mum to 4 darlings
Reaction score
I can't take this any more, I am soooooooo exhausted.:coffee: Hannah is nearly 7 months and is still waking more than once in the night. I had 2 weeks when she was sleeping from 9pm until 6am and it was bliss. Then suddenly 2 weeks ago she started going back to her old routine. I give her a bottle at 8pm ish and she falls asleep after that. Then she wakes up any where from 11.30-3am and then she won't go back to sleep. :sleep:

I breast feed in the night and she used to fall back to sleep after a feed but she doesn't do that any more either. I went to bed last night 10pm, I gave hannah a dream feed just to see if it would help but she was awake again at 2am and has been awake since!!!

I am so tired and my other 2 little ones are up now. All I can think of is sleep, my eyes are burning, I feel sick and my diabetes is misbehaving because of all this stress!!!:cry::cry:

Any ideas or advice would be great please!! You wouldn't think she was my 4th lol

Awe hunny, I am so sorry. I don't have any advice, but I certainly did not want to read and run.

Is she teething? Is she going through anything (developmental change? growth spurt?)? What is she doing when she wakes (crying...happy...)?

(((hugs))))

I wish I had an answer hun, I really do.

Does she take a dummy? If so try giving her that and leaving her in the cot to go back down on her own, if she starts crying let her cry a few min to see if she nods off on her own if not put the dummy back in, or take her out and rock a bit, I would not take her out of the room too much or out of the dark cos she is old enough to learn night time.
Also look at her day naps, is she making up for her night time loss of sleep during the day?

aw i wish I could help! My mum said all hers sleep through apart from her last (her fifth) who 'woke 3 times a night till he was bloody 8 and made up for the rest of them' (in her own words) I doubt you are doing anything wrong, you know what you are doing better than me!

Your certainly not doing anything wrong! Hopefully its just a phase! Does she cry when she wakes up? Is she in her own room? X

my first 2 where the same, the only way i could get them to sleep through was to co-sleep:shrug:

neither of them would sleep for more than an hour in a moses basket or cot but would sleep for a good few hours in bed with me. daisys only really started sleeping in her own bed in her own room for the last year!

eden sleeps in her cot all night thank god! but daisy still wakes me up to go the toilet or just cos she feels like a kiss an cuddle :dohh:

it is sooooo exhausting and you will do anything in the end just to get some sleep!! hope it gets better :hugs:

awww hun! i have no answer either.... and having no sleep makes you feel so much worse!

as someone else said when she wakes is she crying or just playing?

wish i had sum advice hun. archie is the same only thing makes himsleep now is our bed xx

Wow, I could've written this!! It happened to me as well. In the end, I was so exhausted, that I said thats it. I'm not feeding him in the night anymore. I knew he had eaten enough food and had enough milk, so it wasn't hunger. One night, he woke and I cuddled him, changed his nappy gave him teething powders, the works. I had 2 hours of crying when I finally gave up and bf him. I felt like I'd given in, but then after 2 hours of crying, I felt so guilty. For the next week he slept through!! :happydance: The he starting waking again and I refused to feed him until we had been through nappy, cuddles, teething powder etc. Then I'd feed him. This time reduced from 2 hours to 1 hour, to half an hour. Now he knows that if he wakes and just wants a little comfort feed, he has to work for it. He has his bath, then goes on the boob at 7 and falls asleep there. I then put him in his cot and he is down until 7 the next day. I do hear him wakig, but he settles himself now. His teeth have been bugging him lately, but he has settled after calpol.

I'm not sure if you wanted to take this route, or even if it would work for you. I just wanted to share my experiences. I do hope he starts to settle soon. I can relate to the utter exhaustion :hugs:

I'm very new to motherhood so ignore me if you think this is rubbish but maybe she needs a few solids now to see her through the night. My friends baby is a self weaner and she has solids and breast milk and sleeps right through now as she's not waking up hungry. But as you can see my little one is two weeks old so I'm not talking from personal experience :hugs: xxx

No advice really, just big :hug:

Thanks everyone. I do put Hannah down in her crib for the first part of the night then when she wakes I get her in bed with me. She just lies there cooing when she wakes.

She isn't stressed at all. Does that mean she isn't hungry and has woken for another reason.

Her day time naps are silly as she rarely sleeps. When she does I have to feed her to sleep and she wakes when I pull my boob out. She won't have a dummy but I wish she did. She never has, she just gags on it when I try to stop her spititing it out!

I might try giving her even more solids. She has 3 meals a day and has lumpy food and toast and stuff!

Sounds like I am out of ideas. I'll just go and rock in the corner!!

My LO when through a phase of this found it was because he wasnt getting enough sleep in the day and was "used" to getting up in the night and getting a bottle. When she wakes try sitting next to her cot for a while not speaking to her and not giving her attention. She will soon get bored and relise that theirs nothing to keep her entertained. I done this with my LO works wonders couldnt do the CIO.. I find when your near them they tend to be more settles. After a couple of nights you should see a huge improvment hope it works for u x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->