What am i to do?

palmergal

Reaction score
ive been on iron tablets and clexane for a while now. And i keep feeling really tired and nausea comes and goes. But now im throwing up at least 2-3 times a week and not feeling hungry. I Have an ultrasound on tuesday do u think i should mention this ?:cry:

Totally! But I did hear that the symptoms from iron tablets do get better and you should persist with them.

try to take iron tablets at night and don't walk or move after taking them. This helped me in a past otherwise I was very sick (stomach cramps, diarrhoea, throwing up) . But with hunger unfortunately nothing helped, I had to force food into myself. Maybe speak to your doctor or try with smaller dose?

someone said that iron supresses zinc. Ask about that and totally mention everything to mw.

Iron can be prescribed in different forms so your doc could look at a different brand/mix or strength for you, or maybe even give it in liquid form? Do you take with a vitamin c drink? On an empty stomach suits me, and then not eating for 45 mins after. That way the vitamin c helps the iron content get absorbed. I believe a lot of the digestive probs are caused by the iron not getting absorbed and ending up in the digestive system causing the unpleasant side effects.

Sorry to hear you've been suffering xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->