What an affront

catty

Reaction score
So yesterday my son was playing with the phone at his Grandma's house and phoned the police. Granda rEalised and explained on the phone what happened they said they had to come and investigate.
The police had to go over and make sure everything was ok and Grandad had to give a statement, they tried talking to Lucas but he hid from them. Safe to say all phones are now way out of reach. What an embarrassment and a waste of police time!!

I broke my smoke alarm the other day and it wouldn't shut up for 2 hours. It goes off in all the flats not just ours and I couldn't get through to the landlord and we couldn't disconnect it so I called the non-emergency fire brigade and asked advice. Two minutes later and two fire engines and about ten fire fighters show up sirens blaring. I was so embarrassed! I bet they're totally used to it.

I used to be a police dispatcher and kids phone the police all the time. Talking to a toddler on the phone was a daily occurrence for me when I was on the day shifts. They don't always come out though (because it happens so often) chances are there was just an officer close by. Don't worry about it too much, I'm sure he learned not to mess with the phone!

I remember one young child calling from a mobile. With mobiles they don't automatically know where you are calling from so we call them back - Mum answers and I go through my usual thing 'Hi is everything OK? Seems your toddler has dialed by accident, you're not in any trouble but could you please keep her away from the phone because it does tie up an emergency line'. Usually people are very apologetic. This woman said 'there's nothing I can do about it, it's her phone'. Kid was three.

I used to be a police dispatcher and kids phone the police all the time. Talking to a toddler on the phone was a daily occurrence for me when I was on the day shifts. They don't always come out though (because it happens so often) chances are there was just an officer close by. Don't worry about it too much, I'm sure he learned not to mess with the phone!

I remember one young child calling from a mobile. With mobiles they don't automatically know where you are calling from so we call them back - Mum answers and I go through my usual thing 'Hi is everything OK? Seems your toddler has dialed by accident, you're not in any trouble but could you please keep her away from the phone because it does tie up an emergency line'. Usually people are very apologetic. This woman said 'there's nothing I can do about it, it's her phone'. Kid was three.

:wacko: :saywhat:

My lo did this once when my aunt was watching him. She said she explained to them what happened and they were very nice about the whole thing. The officer even told her he had a nice chat with my then 18 month old. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->