What and where was your first job and

Worked in my grandparents hairdressers from 13 then left at 16 to be a waitress at a hotel

I worked at Pets at Home at 16. I used to start work at 7am and clean out all the animals. I used to touch rats!!! eewwww.... and get in the bird cages to clean up the shit. the cockatiels(sp) used to dive bomb my head and I always used to come out covered in bird shit. nice!

I use to bake from home for the local bakery then I moved on to working for a small home business bakers!

I worked in Somerfields when I was 16 and hated it. Got sacked lol

xxx

I worked in somerfield when i was 16 too!! Wasnt there very long.. I quit just as they were about to sack me after to many warnings for taking to many days off in such a short time!:muaha:

I went in drunk a couple of times.

Well they would put my shifts on the only day there was a happy hour at my local?

xxx

I was an assistant manager of a crappy store in the mall when I was 18. My second job was at a gourmet very expensive chocolate shop where I could EAT ALL I WANTED, sit on my ass and read my whole shift. It was the best job I have ever had. I would sit and chat with the ladies from the store next to mine (which was a wine store!) We would drink wine and eat chocolates all night. Sadly I moved across the country and that ended that.

:( I will never get over leaving that job lol.

My first job was at 16. I worked at Kid-O-Robics. I was a party hostess and then I did the front desk. From time to time I also worked in the play area. Kid-o-Robics was like a big jungle gym indoors. I LOVED it!!

in a chip shop at 15.xxx but its where i met dh xxxx

My first job was at a Reptile shop, aged 16. I hated it! minimum wage was only £3, I had no lunch breaks and worked 8.30-6.30 saturday 9.30-4pm sunday.

Knackering!!

I started at tesco when i was 16 and at college. 2 years later it was time for a gap year. halfway thru that i met OH. 2 years after that i'm still there and on maternity leave!! its like an institution, once you're in you nevr get out

Mine was at Bodycare as a Saturday sales assisstant when I was 16!

I loved that job

I was 16 just starting A-levels and it was a weekend breakfast girl at an old people's home.

I was 15 and worked in a cafe earning a huge £3.50 an hour haha now on my 3rd job, but this is my first proper job in lloyds with pay slips and everything lol.

I worked at Pets at Home at 16. I used to start work at 7am and clean out all the animals. I used to touch rats!!! eewwww.... and get in the bird cages to clean up the shit. the cockatiels(sp) used to dive bomb my head and I always used to come out covered in bird shit. nice!

Oh my god. Birds are so gross and scary lol you were brave!

My first job was when I was 16 - I worked as a lifeguard & a swimming teacher. I did that at various different places until I was 20, including a summer in France working at a Haven Caravan site. Not brilliant pay, but soooo much fun!!

My first paid job was woking as an animal care technician at the college i went too. it was mostly just feeding and cleaning out animals but it paid really well. Top job really. I think I would have been about 17 and did it for almost 2 years.

I was about 14 and itw as behind the counter of a chinese take away and I got more wages for them 3 hours of work than the min wage now a days! 3 hours was £30! thats like gold dust now and it was cash in hand ;)

then when i turned 17 i had a job in a kitchen washing dishes about £50 for 4 hours , but first official job where i was taxed was currys behind a counter.

dam minimum wage!

At 16 i was a trainee Horse Ridding Instructor ....

....loved it but the money was to low to live on.....£29.50 a week on YTS !!

First paid job was singing under management when I was 12, I did this in different nightspots right through until I was 18. I got my first wage for 30mins singing for £20 I thought I was loaded! LOL. Money got better as I got older and more experienced, but I think my studies really suffered because I was out every night. So had to go back to college at 18 and retake most of my classes.

i was 16 when i got my first job at a milligans cafe in b&q. I totally loved it to begin with but my regional manager hated me so i quit before i got sacked. Missed all the free food tho!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->