What are everyons reasons for WTT rather than TTC now?

oops I can't seem to edit the above and I pressed enter accidentally, so to continue!...

My hubby is at uni, so if we wait till september, even if we did conceive straight away, he will have finished his degree by the time the baby would be due.

and financial reasons too - we have a lot of debt which we are getting under control and we'd like to save some money too. We've started a baby fund, which is exciting!!

I'm waiting as i'm going to be my sister's chief bridesmaid (meant to be matron of honour but I don't like the name!!) in September in Crete, I was worried about getting pregnant and flying after 6 months, and also don't want to take any attention away from sister by talking about me instead of her!!

* I'm the Maid of Honor in my sister's wedding in Oct. of 2009
* Want our son to be 2 before we try, which is July 2009
* We are moving to a new house this summer

I'm probably repeating what I've written on other threads, but heyho!

Money - need to save to take as much maternity leave as I can, and then work part time after maternity leave ends. And of course to shop and buy everything I could possibly need and everything that I don't need, but just want :D

Holiday - We have a huge holiday planned in Florida in December to celebrate our second anniversary. One last proper spend up, and last proper large holiday before tightening our belts. We have holidays planned still, but all short haul, not so much long haul.

p.s. We're very much travelers with 4-5 holidays/trips a year so to cut down is actually quite a big thing for us.

Well, yet again dibmo we are similar: moneywise, we need to save up a little and our mortgage has just gone down 178 euros so we'll be able to save at least 100euros a month.
Also I have a wedding next August the 8th ( I read a few of you are getting married that same day, congrats!) so if I get pregnant in december-jan, the baby wont be born until sept.oct... Hopefully I will be able to fly... although now that I think of it, maybe it will be a bit much (I think it's about 14hours from Tenerife to Canada) what do you think girls? If I get pregnant end of dec, beginning of jan, I should be 7 months pregnant. Is that a bit much to fly 14 hours?? I'm afraid so... It looks like I counted wrong and will have to wait another month at least... grrrrr
We also wanted DH to get a driving license before ttc and doing our wedding pics at the beach to finally do our wedding book (we still haven't got it done 8 months after the wedding!!) and they both take money. Hopefully this month we will be taking that small step...
So many plans and so little time and money!!!

Were waiting because im only 21, OH is 23 and were both still studying for degrees

We want a nice house and some money put away first xx

We are waiting because:
-We Want to move out of MIL's house (not enough room for 2nd baby)
-Want to pay off debts
-Want to save up some money
-Want to go on vacation (just me and DH-we never got a honeymoon)
-I want to be able to afford a mothers helper a few times a week
-For hubby to get a promotion
-For me to do a successful children's book
-Get a 2nd car
-lose weight/get in shape (to get healthy)
-Kathryn is only 6 and 1/2 months old (and I don't know if I can handle another just yet)

We are waiting because Joseph is only 6 months old, we want him to be about 18 months old before we try again (so April 09). Also I need to lose loads of weight and get a bit fitter x

Hi

I'm new to the site and I class myself in this category.

There are a number of reasons we are waiting to try and one of those is that 2 years ago I had to have treatment for pre-cancerous cells on my cervix and although the smears I have had since then have been negative, I am still on 6 month recalls so I guess I am worried that if we try for a baby now it may 'upset' things.

Also, my work colleague is getting married in May and will be trying for a baby straight away and I'm worried work will be peeved if we both go off on maternity leave at the same time!

I'm WTT after a MC in Feb. We weren't planning to get pregnant, and so now that it's out of our hands we are going to save up while my OH graduates.

Hopefully start trying in July/Aug 09 - although I'd love to be trying now!

I have been with my husband for 8 years, going out 2 years, living together 3 and married another 3.

At first my husband was still at uni (he is now 25 and I am 32).

Then, I had very bad anxiety and was on meds

I also wanted to have a more secure teacher position

We thought we should be able to drive and have a car

We thought we should own a house (instead of renting)

Meds had made me put on an extra 25 kilos

However,

Time has gone by, and many of the reasons are no longer so, or they are not important. I don't care about what job I have, or the car, we now have been living in a house for 2 years rent free which belong to my husband's family and we can carry on like this for as many years as we wish, so we have saved loads of money, more than enough for me not to have to work the first year or two. I have lost most of the weight and all I need is to be anxiety free and learn to deal with panic better. If I do what I have to do, I would lie to try at the end of this year.

There is one reason that would have never stopped us though, and that was being married or not. We wanted to get married but it was nothing to do with having children, it was just something that we really wanted to do.

Positive energy and m*m* s**rt*e to all of you (a special type of luck that always works) Take care

We are waiting because at the mo im breastfeeding and im not ovulating x

Waiting till my fiance' and I are financially stable.I'd love to try right now! But money is kinda important lol

I'm new here. We're waiting until our credit cards are paid off! I should be done in 2 or 3 months and DH a few months longer than that, so while he's finishing off paying his, I'll try and save up a bit to pay the rent while I'm on maternity leave. I've wanted kids for years (I'm 31) and we've always wanted to wait until we're in a better position, but now it seems so close I feel incredibly impatient and can't believe we've waited this long!

I'm still in uni- finishing this summer- and h2b is still unemployed so we have major cash flow problems atm!! We also want to be married when we start trying so that means we have another year to get ourselves sorted, then I'll come off bc and we'll not be trying properly but not taking precautions either and if we don't get pregnant then then I'll start paying more attention to charting and stuff!

Beca :wave:

I am a lesbian and we're looking for a donor, have to wait 'til we find one. Working on it and if all goes well will start TTC in the autumn. In the meantime we're also trying to get our house and finances in better shape so we can hit the ground running!

Although I've just found out I will have 2 weddings to go to in April '10 so might have to put back trying a month or two so my waters don't break all over the bride's shoes! https://www.babyandbump.com/images/smilies/blush.gif

I am a lesbian and we're looking for a donor, have to wait 'til we find one. Working on it and if all goes well will start TTC in the autumn. In the meantime we're also trying to get our house and finances in better shape so we can hit the ground running!

Although I've just found out I will have 2 weddings to go to in April '10 so might have to put back trying a month or two so my waters don't break all over the bride's shoes! https://www.babyandbump.com/images/smilies/blush.gif

:rofl: Hmmm that might be a little funny!!
Hope you dont mind me asking this :blush: but does your OH want to have a baby also? (as in carry one too) Sorry i'm not trying to be rude so i hope that doesnt offend you.

We are using every spare penny to do work on the house, pay off debt and have a nice holiday this year, the trying starts on holiday in September!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->