What are softcups?

pebbles10

Reaction score
Ladies can I ask what softcups are??
Silly question I know....

They are little cups that sit in front of your cervix, made for use during AF to collect the blood in place of a tampon. But a lot of women also use them while TTC, after :sex: to keep the sperm/semen close to the cervix. The idea is to increase the chance that the sperm will meet the egg since you are keeping them inside and not allowing them to flow out.

https://softcup.com

They are little cups that sit in front of your cervix, made for use during AF to collect the blood in place of a tampon. But a lot of women also use them while TTC, after :sex: to keep the sperm/semen close to the cervix. The idea is to increase the chance that the sperm will meet the egg since you are keeping them inside and not allowing them to flow out.

https://softcup.com

Oh thanks for your reply, very helpful.xx

Any one tried these for ttc and are they ok/ do you think they help???

I've read TONS of reviews for using these as a fertility aid. 8/10 said they either got a BFP in the first month (with preseed) or within a few months.

I just used both last night for the first time. Used about 1.5 of the preseed (it suggested 4 but IMO thats way too much). After DTD just insert the softcup and leave it in.
I have to say removal was a tad messy and stinky (those swimmers were just sittin there for 8 hours so be prepared lol)
Hth!!

I've read TONS of reviews for using these as a fertility aid. 8/10 said they either got a BFP in the first month (with preseed) or within a few months.

I just used both last night for the first time. Used about 1.5 of the preseed (it suggested 4 but IMO thats way too much). After DTD just insert the softcup and leave it in.
I have to say removal was a tad messy and stinky (those swimmers were just sittin there for 8 hours so be prepared lol)
Hth!!

Thanks for replying,
I've just read some reviews and said they can work well together.

Might give it ago.

It's been a long time since trying as my dd is nearly 4, so many different things now- which is great just seem like I'm asking silly questions. Just never heard of them before.

Hth!!

Thanks for replying,
I've just read some reviews and said they can work well together.

Might give it ago.

It's been a long time since trying as my dd is nearly 4, so many different things now- which is great just seem like I'm asking silly questions. Just never heard of them before.

Not silly! I never heard of them before last week either. Getting frustrating with all the BFNs so I started googling things that might help. I did A LOT of reading reviews and such. DH even started taking fertilaid to help his swimmers along.
Even though we're only cycle 5 Im willing to try anything.

I have thought about trying soft cups but honestly they look big and scary lol

Lol...They arent as big as you think. Plus they "fold" in and slide right in. The tricky part I found was to have it sit right behind the pubic bone..and also taking it out was a bit of a pain. Other than that I didnt feel a thing!

Lol...They arent as big as you think. Plus they "fold" in and slide right in. The tricky part I found was to have it sot right behind the pubic bone..and also taking it out was a bit of a pain. Other than that I didnt feel a thing!

Oh thanks for this, I was a bit scared of using them. Now I might give them a try. Always good to hear to when people have tried things.

Good luck

Lol...They arent as big as you think. Plus they "fold" in and slide right in. The tricky part I found was to have it sot right behind the pubic bone..and also taking it out was a bit of a pain. Other than that I didnt feel a thing!

Oh thanks for this, I was a bit scared of using them. Now I might give them a try. Always good to hear to when people have tried things.

Good luck

YW. I read you can keep them in all night so that's what I've been doing.
I'm not sure if I posted it here or another board but the smell in the morning is a little unsettling...but if that's my only complaint I guess is worth it.. hehe
Good luck, hope there's a BFP on its way for you :)

Good luck

YW. I read you can keep them in all night so that's what I've been doing.
I'm not sure if I posted it here or another board but the smell in the morning is a little unsettling...but if that's my only complaint I guess is worth it.. hehe
Good luck, hope there's a BFP on its way for you :)

Oh that's good you can keep them in all night. Gonna buy some next week.
I don't mind if that's the only thing to cope with. if I getbfp. Hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->