What are you a little OCD about?

I can't have wet hands if not necessary - like ever!

Example - If I bath the kids I wear gloves:wacko:

I hate the dry feeling wet hands leaves, honestly I'm cringing as I'm typing and I want to rush for my hand cream.

I always have to check the front/back door at least 3x before going out.

I always check the kids even though OH does it and says their fine, I still have too.

Windscreen wipers must be in the down position when car is off
Cutlery must face the same way in the drawer
Have to sleep on the side of the bed that is furthest from the door

In the mug cupboard all mugs must have their handles facing the same way. Same with pan handles both in the cupboard and when cooking. I also can't sleep if the quilt is the wrong way. Also we have a throw to put of the sofa that's stripy and all the stripes must be straight not slanted it does my head in x

I do the hanger thing too - i also have to have the logo facing a certain way too lol
Volume on tv/radio etc has to be at certain points. Ideally it has to be either 5, 10, 15 , 20 etc. If it's too loud on say 10 then it has to be 8. If it's not loud enough on 10 but too loud on 15 then it has to be 12!!

I agree we just have things too loud if it's too quite 5 notches down lol because I can't stand if the volume number doesn't end in 0 ir 5. My sister's TV is odd and it jumps quite a lot with each number and only goes up to 9 so to have it on at the right volume is like 3/4 and 5 is too loud as she lives in a little flat and it makes me cringe just knowing it's not on 5 haha x

-hangers facing the same side, they all should be the same colour.
- hate labels hanging out, I cut most labels
- glasses are organized by size, all should be facing up
- no odd plates on the dining table
- all food/ leftovers are in matching glass Tupperware in the fridge
- bedsheets are either white or cream- no colours/ patterns/ prints. The same with towels

I have too many to list

Everything here house has to be spotless before i can relax if not im angry all day can never relax

Ahh I have loads of minor things, bedsheets towels and dishes etc. But my worst is scratching my scalp to the point of bleeding... and continuing to scratch. I can't stop! I did find out what this type of thing is called, all I recall is it's a type of obsessive compulsive behaviour.

I wipe down the kitchen work top at least 5 times a day as I hate the crumbs!! Drives me insane! Xx

i have to have the plug hole stoppers in, in bath kitchen sink bathroom sink when nobody is in. if i put stuff in my pockets i constantly check to make sure its still there.. same with stuff in my bag!

I'm a shopping trolley freak too, it all has to be a certain way, iv been known to actually shout at DH in the middle of asda for trying to 'help' me put it on the conveyor!!
I also can't stand volumes to be on an uneven number I can't relax at all if its on an odd number, don't know why but I hate it!

I hoover downstairs at least once a day
When I do the pots I do them in a specific way... Cups, dishes, plates, pans, cutlery
I have to park the car a certain way on the drive
I can't sleep if any parts of my body are not under the covers
I shower in order.. Wash my hair, shave my armpits, put conditioner on, wash my face, wash my body, rinse body, rinse conditioner

I can't go anywhere unless there is a tube of Chapstick in my pocket.

OK I'll list my stuff :(

Light switches- I always have to re-check they're off at least 3 times.
Same with the oven.
Can't touch door handles with bare skin, or the kitchen taps even though I clean them.
Won't take out the bin but then get anxious if OH does it as he refuses to wash his hands after :sick:
I have real trouble preparing raw meat, I have to wear gloves and even after still wash hands off.
Won't touch shopping trolley handles with bare skin either.
Refuse to put the boys in the trolley seats at the supermarket too unless I have a blanket.
Always make sure all power points are switched off at night time.

I'm sure there's more I haven't listed too.

Pots must go TEA, SUGAR & then COFFEE
Hangers must all face inward and clothes facing the left
When washing up, first glasses, then cups, then plates, then dirty things
Top rack first with dishwasher
I wipe the tops even if they don't look dirty
All the bubbles must have gone down the plug hole
Don't mind having wet hands but dry them continuously when bathing kids or washing up

More

Spoons, knifes then forks - all must be facing away an in their correct section!

If I wet my hands I have to wet my face as well.
There must be no wet spoons in the sugar or crumbs in the butter.
Tea,sugar and coffee pots must be put in a straight line against the wall and must go tea,sugar,coffee.The sweetner must be on top of the sugar.
I have to use the wooden board for sandwiches/bread/pizza,glass board for fruit,blue for veg and white for meat(so I can see that there are no tiny bits of meat left on when its been ran under the boiling hot tap).

When I do the pots I do them in a specific way... Cups, dishes, plates, pans, cutlery
I shower in order.. Wash my hair, shave my armpits, put conditioner on, wash my face, wash my body, rinse body, rinse conditioner

I do the same.

With the washing up when I was in year 8 we were taught how to do it in the proper order from least dirty to dirty to minimise how often you need to change the water. I haven't done it in any other order since. It goes glasses, beakers, mugs, cutlery, bowls, plates, utensils, pans. And then always at the end I wash babies bottles in a fresh lot of hot soapy water.

I have to shower in the same order too and if I do it wrong I start again :)wacko:)

I also have to alternate loads on the washing like I can't do two light loads in a row haha. It has to go light, dark, light, dark haha x

I do the same.

With the washing up when I was in year 8 we were taught how to do it in the proper order from least dirty to dirty to minimise how often you need to change the water. I haven't done it in any other order since. It goes glasses, beakers, mugs, cutlery, bowls, plates, utensils, pans. And then always at the end I wash babies bottles in a fresh lot of hot soapy water.

I have to shower in the same order too and if I do it wrong I start again :)wacko:)

I also have to alternate loads on the washing like I can't do two light loads in a row haha. It has to go light, dark, light, dark haha x

:lol: I start again too if I miss something out :blush:
I also eat things on my plate a specific way. Have to have a little bit of everything that's there.
When I'm washing the pots I run cold water in the middle bit and rinse everything off after washing it, including my hands between items.
I always put my right leg and arm into my clothes first.
I can't sleep without socks.
I hoover my living/dining room clockwise.
I have a lamp in the hallway at the top of the stairs that I can turn on from beside my bed and I never ever ever go to the toilet in the dark.

I do the same.

:lol: I start again too if I miss something out :blush:
I also eat things on my plate a specific way. Have to have a little bit of everything that's there.
When I'm washing the pots I run cold water in the middle bit and rinse everything off after washing it, including my hands between items.
I always put my right leg and arm into my clothes first.
I can't sleep without socks.
I hoover my living/dining room clockwise.
I have a lamp in the hallway at the top of the stairs that I can turn on from beside my bed and I never ever ever go to the toilet in the dark.

I put my socks on the same order every time x
I also have to put the things in the sterliser in the same place every time and they go in the same order OH just throws them in.

I forgot one, i have to go backwards into a parking space

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->