What are you doing for daycare?

I'm planning on a crazy kind of split.
I work PT at a pre-school with an infant room. We are lucky to get almost free childcare. It is just .50/hour less in pay than I get now. So, $2.50 a week...not too shabby!

However, I make more from my work at home job that er...can't be done with the potential screaming baby to attend to.
I make the the bulk of my money on Friday nights from 11pm-4am, so I am just trying to get that time freed up so that I don't have to log in too many other times. For the first few months I'll probably work a little bit when the baby is asleep and my husband is available to take care of the baby when it wakes up.
When the baby is big enough, my parents and grandparents are going to share overnight Friday night visits so my husband and I can have a date night early and then I can work later.
(Most of the kids in my family have spent either Thursday or Friday night at grandma or great-grandma's house for the last three generations. I would never get away with anything else!! lol)

Will be home with LO (and DS) for the first year, but then he/she will go to the same dayhome that DS went to. She is like an australian Mary Poppins... DS comes home every day learning something new and every year we get a DVD 'year in review'. We are very lucky to have found her! DS will be starting Kindergarten when I go back to work so it will work out perfectly :)

I have been out of work for medical reasons for a year before I got pregnant, and DH is a disabled vet. So my goal is to be able to get back to work part time after the baby is born, hopefully we can hold out till then financially since this is such a high risk pregnancy because of my health issues I don't want to push myself until after it's born. And once it is born if I work short shifts in the afternoon or evening I can leave baby with DH, but only for a short time so it will be tricky to figure out but we have a teenage daughter who can help him out when I am at work so I am optimistic we can do it.

With my first two I went back to work at 3 months, since the US is stingy that way--was lucky to have a job that paid for half of that time. Too many don't pay at all!

But this time, I don't know if I can do it again. I hated leaving my little ones with a nanny. So hubby and I sat down and we can swing it barely if I don't work, so I'm seriously considering quitting my job and trying to do some freelance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->