What are you doing for the new year?

I also feel sad cause it means another year has rushed by, I am going to be a year older and so will my boys who are growing up WAY too fast.

Group hugs to all here who feel sad. You are not alone! :hugs:

Been invited to a friends house party but staying at home. Fire is lit, indian takeaway ordered and having a couple of cider.
Nye always makes me a bit sad and reflective too but I love New Years Day. I feel it's the first page of a book with a whole years worth of pages to fill with memories. Always do a nice New Years Dinner with the trimmings and prosecco to get it off to a positive start!

I'm not keen on new year either. It makes me sad how fast Christmas has gone and the first few months of the year are always really bad weather and depressing! :(

My dad and I took the kids on a snowy walk to one of my fav cafes and back, then we played games, had a buffet tea. My parents and I took the kids for a walk in the candles (the whole village is lit by candlelight and the streetlights are off). Then we did a few fireworks. Once the kids are in bed we will probably watch a film and have a few drinks.

Was watching a DVD with SIL, dh was playing on his computer, and at about 00:02 I went "oh crap, happy new year" and they went "oh yeah, you too" and we carried on as normal haha. That was a pitiful "celebration"! I'm not bothered about it really :lol:

I'm working the 1st and doing a 12 hour shift we haven't done anything. Oh waited up for the bells and I'm currently up with DD who's running a temp so I'm going to be shattered in work.

The staff team and I have all arranged stuff for a cooked breakfast and I've made steak pie for the dinner so hopefully it'll be a good shift.

We stayed in, we had pizza and garlic bread for tea. OH took my parents and his to the cricket club and picked his brother up who came to stay.
I fell asleep on the sofa and OH woke me up at 11.50 to see in the new year. Both kids wide awake too so we had a mega lie in this morning. We watched some fireworks on the tv then went up to my bedroom to watch them out the window.
New Year i always have a tear in my eye, another year passed and it makes me think more of my grandparents who are no longer with us.
Next year we might also to to the cricket club, they do a kids party in the lounge, We went 3 years ago and Alex loved it.

I'm usually sad to see the year go, but 2017 was a tough one for us so I'm glad to see the end of it. My girls are getting super big though - and that does make me sad! Hard to believe my oldest will be 6 this year.

We ended up leaving my SIL's party at about 7 as my kids were tired. We came home and they went to bed, DH and I ordered pizza and watched a movie. Nothing exciting but it was lovely!

I was asleep by 10pm. The fireworks woke me up for a while though!

I had a good wee shift in work. We made a cooked breakfast once the patients were sorted, had a good laugh then we made a steak pie dinner later on (I'd prepared the pie so just had to heat and cook the pastry).

Now sitting drinking prosecco and watching Pitch Perfect 2 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->