What are you doing to get ready to TTC?

curiousowl

Reaction score
I thought it might be cool to exchange ideas about what we're doing/have done/are planning to do to get ready to TTC.

Besides desperately trying to find a job I've been to a Dr and had a check-up and talked to her about the fact that I want to start trying soon. She ran a bunch of blood tests and everything came back normal except my Vitamin D levels were very low so I started taking high dose pills. That included some pre-conception genetic testing since I'm part of a high risk group and I just found out I'm not a carrier for anything scary. Yay! I also started taking prenatal vitamins like the Dr recommended, although it feels a little weird to be taking prenatals and a birth control pill, lol. I read a pregnancy book I really liked and ordered a few OPK's like my Dr also suggested since I've had unpredictable cycles in the past. I think that's it! I like to plan but I think I've run out of things to do :)

What about everyone else?

I've been learning how to chart, taking folic acid, exercising, and eating healthy. 6 months prior I plan on not drinking alcohol or caffeine. That's gonna be a tough 6 months. :haha:

Loosing weight, exercising, taking folic acid

I started charting my bbt, cm and OPKs. I also started taking vitex (I have PCOS it's supposed to help regulate. It made me ovulate this cycle so yay!), omega 3 supplement, prenatal vitamins and may start taking this ovaboost stuff this month and try Royal jelly although I think it is disgusting so that may not happen.

Also I cut way back on caffeine. No soda (I did slip today though and had a coke...bad haha) and only a medium decaf coffee now which I take a couple sips of. I also eat a lot more fruits and veggies and am staying away from fried and fast food. I try to sleep more too. Which I am not complaining about :)

I've been learning how to chart

Oh, me too! I also read a book about charting basics. So excited to go off the pill so I can try it out.

Oh my gosh I got off birth control six months ago and it has been amaaaazing. I don't know if you're like me, but my body goes crazy.. Also, I hate taking medications so I was really happy to come off of it. It's crazy how when you actually learn about your cycle, etc, it really isn't as easy to get pregnant as I'd always assumed :haha:

I've just taken a few steps to be healthier.
While I'm unable to exercise due to an injury (which will be corrected by surgery in a week, which is the only reason we're WTT at the moment), I've been eating healthier and trying to be a bit more active. I've also been taking prenatal vitamins for the last 2 months.
I've also stopped drinking pop, as I drank way too much of it, and I stopped my daily coffee shop habit, which always resulted in a French Vanilla Cappuccino (filled with empty calories and sugar), and a frosted cinnamon bun. I've swapped them out for a morning smoothie, which I make and share with my LO each morning.
I've also begun keeping track of my cycles with MFF. I don't bother with temping or OPKs, but I just want to have a general idea of when I'm most fertile, and when to expect AF
While some of these steps were just to be healthier overall (and I'm still implementing more...baby steps!), they will definitely help with TTC and pregnancy!

I've been trying to manage my finances a bit better, watching what I spend and trying not to waste quite so much money. Didn't go too well around Christmas, I must admit, but I feel as though I'm behaving better, financially, than I was 6 months ago, which is good.

I bought some pregnacare yesterday, and along with angus castus, plan on starting those as of tomorrow.

I'm trying to be more healthy - again, with Christmas, this one hasn't gone too well recently.

Oh my gosh I got off birth control six months ago and it has been amaaaazing. I don't know if you're like me, but my body goes crazy.. Also, I hate taking medications so I was really happy to come off of it. It's crazy how when you actually learn about your cycle, etc, it really isn't as easy to get pregnant as I'd always assumed :haha:

I know, right? When you look at the odds of doing everything right and still actually getting pregnant it seems so crazy! I'm really leaning towards getting off birth control in Jan so I'm sure I will be bothering you for tracking pointers :)

I'm not sure when I'll be ttcing but right now I take multivitamins for women each morning and each capsule has 400mcg's of folic acid.

Taking folic acid, eating healthier, exercising more & toning my tummy muscles & trying to get rid of overdraft! I'm cutting out the alcohol, aswell.

Started taking my prenatels, folic, diet, exercise and I need to completely quit smoking. I am almost there with that part. I am getting my IUD removed Friday so I can start charting my BBT and CM until April when we TTC. Just focusing on my body now.

In the process of coming off preventative meds for migraines (Notriptyline) and about to stop taking my BC continually. Pretty damn nervous about this since I've been on these meds for about 6 years, and my migraines are pure hell.

This is my 4th cycle off of the ring. I'm tracking my cycles on a general level, basically by looking at CM. I have the Kindara cycle tracker app on my phone. I'd also like to start eating healthier and exercising more very soon... like now.
When it gets closer, I'd like to start using OPKs and taking prenatals.
7 months to go!!!

Working on getting my BMI into the healthy range (currently just in the obese zone) cutting right back on alcohol (having none at all this month), cutting back on caffeine, taking prenatals, charting and saving money.

I came off the pill in August after 16 years on it. Trying to figure out my cycles now and get fit before ttc.

so excited DH n i have agreed to TTC in march for our first child. so i am on prenatal vitamins, trying to eat healthy. wanna lose some weight. i have also started charting to know when my ovulation is. im using BBT and CM.:happydance::happydance: so excited

I have a question, I'm just wondering if the supplements I'm taking are working against one another or making things more difficult if anyone has any idea....
I'm currently taking vitex, ovaboost, prenatals, omega-3s and I want to add maca root because I've heard it really helps women with PCOS and works well with vitex. Any ideas?

I am on a health kick, not just for TTC but for ME. When i had Amy i was under consultancy for weight and my Dad has diabetes and towards the end of my pregnancy i got OC so i dont want my weight to be a problem

Taking folic acid, ordering opks to start monitoring ovulation, getting coil removed this friday. Need to lose abit of weight but wont bother as suffer with hg (severe sickness in preg) so will lose that anyway not that i'd want to as hg sucks big time! Also will be ordering preseed as wrked 2 times in past. Will b trying may/April! Excited but nervous due to hg & being so sick. Oh yes also going to start vit b6 heard helps with sickness

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->