What are you doing to prepare for labor and delivery?

MelliPaige

Leo's Mommy
Reaction score
I'm going to take and all day birthing class at my hospital and a 2 hour breastfeeding class. When do you suggest I take these classes? I was thinking at 34 weeks for the birthing class and taking the breastfeeding class between then and now.

Any other ways to prepare my body and mind for labor and delivery? Thanks!

Most of the classes offered at my hospital are recommended for women who are at least 7 months along, so I think your timing sounds right! I plan on taking whichever classes my health insurance will cover. I know that include the birthing and breast feeding, and I think we might be able to do one for CPR and safety as well. There are a few others offered as well, but I can't remember what they are right now. I figure even if it seems super basic and I don't feel like I need it, it'll still be good for DH and I to go. We might not realize we have questions until we start listening to someone!

Thanks :) that's a good idea! ill ask the doctor Friday and see what other classes my hospital offers, I'm pretty sure they offer CPR, I forgot about that one that's a big one I want!

When I visited my doc for the first time, which was just introductory, I was provided some pamphlets for classes offered on Breastfeeding and birthing. Though it makes sense to attend in later weeks of pregnancy,
I was thinking now I feel okay & healthy and have time, later will be difficult to walk and move. But I guess in 7-8mon, you are more into pregancy emotionally.

Also, have you gone to the hospital and walked through the maternity ward? I just did that a couple days ago, and it made me feel so nice to see where I'd be. It might just be that I get anxious, but I think knowing that I'll be headed somewhere and know what each room is like will make me more relaxed when the time finally comes!

lAll the nurses I spoke to were looking at me super confused, like, "Where's your bump?!" then found out I'm only 10 weeks. They were surprised we were eager to get in there so early! :rofl:

My niece and nephew were born there along with every other birth I've attended (small town). I don't think I'll need a tour, but I think it's mandatory they give me one in a few weeks anyway

im planning on taking newborn care and breastfeeding classes in january

in terms of phsyically preparing - raspberry leaf tea (from 32 weeks) evening primrose oil (from 34-35 weeks), eating dates (35 weeks, 6 a day) and perineal massage (34 weeks)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->