What are you doing to prepare?

Disneynut

Reaction score
I was just wondering what everyone is doing to prepare themselves to TTC again after having a miscarriage? I really dont have much of an idea on what I should be doing, so any insight would be great. Also, how long did you wait before you started to TTC or going to wait if you miscarried recently?

The things I am doing is:
*Still taking my prenatals
*Still eating the same as if I'm pregnant and still drinking tons of water
*Going to talk to my dr at my follow-up appt. (tomorrow) about taking baby asprin and inquire on some testing perhaps
*As much as I wanna be pregnant again ASAP, I'm thinking of waiting for about 3 or 4 months, to let my body heal completely. Is this a good amount of time, or should I allow more?

Oh and 1 more question. Right before we start TTC again, would it be wise to have a complete physical done for both me and my fiance or just me? I was also thinking of perhaps getting the pap test done before TTC so I dont have to have one done till I'm about 6 months into my pregnancy. My OB/GYN doesnt do pap test if 1 has been done within 6 months, so they give 1 every 6 months.

Firstly big hugs for your loss.

I pretty much just did everything the same, but I did start a stricter diet and planned to lose as much weight as I could before falling pregnant again (fingers crossed).

I continued taking prenatal vitiamins etc etc. We knew we would ttc straight away (well almost) we decided to wait until my first AF arrived and then get really serious. I upped my folic acid, started soy and started drinking green tea. Hubby has also cut down on his coffees and no beer between now and O!

There is no "healing" required for your body as such just need to make sure everything settles back to normal, follow up scan 2 weeks after and a blood test to confrim HCG levels are back at zero as this all has to happen for new cycle to begin.

It is more the emotional healing that takes the time.

One miscarriage even 2 don't often get checked or tested it is only on the third that they start to get serious about looking at things. That is what I have heard from my docs anyway.

Hello Disneynut, sorry for your loss. I agree with Miss_C that it is emotional healing that you need to make time for, as soon as you are ready you will know, there is no set time.
As for prep, after chatting to ladies on here Im now taking a prenatal, with a folic acid, an omega 3 and a baby aspirin with a glug of grapefruit juice and a teaspoon of honey. All been recomended by ladies ttc for various reasons. I did not wait for first af and starting dtd 8 days after erpc, left it one day bleed free. I am going to start soy after af (if Im not lucky to fall straight away!).
Im still eating healthy meals, small and often and regulary exercising. Staying off things like caffine and cutting alcohol to minimum glass every now and then.
Dtd every other day as have no idea when O was or may be.

So thats about it really!

Good luck for when you feel ready to try again.:hugs:

:hugs: I am sorry about your loss :( I think emotionally you should take all the time that you need .. physically.. I'd say waiting until your 1st AF comes is what most doc's advise although we did not wait- we didn't "try" hardcore because I knew I didn't O .. been close to a month since mine happened. Once my 1st AF comes- I'll be back full force. Both of us cut out any drinking- especially my DH since he had some swimmer issues. We also are each taking certain vitamins: me- prenatal, super B complex, omega 3, folic acid, baby aspirin, and just started royal jelly. I already exercise daily and try to watch what I eat.. I have green tea that I drink on occassion too. My DH takes a multivitamin, folic acid, zinc, omega 3, and royal jelly. I feel like I am missing something but can't remember off the top of my head.

best of luck to you my dear :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->