What are you eating? What are you staying away from?

Mrs. Love

Reaction score
About 3 weeks ago out of coincidence because I had 2 weeks of jury duty I started eating REALLY healthy. I had eggs, cheese, whole grain toast with fruit every morning for breakfast and a good lunch of PB, carrots and celery or a salad. Dinner and snacks varied but all pretty healthy (Hubby lost 6 lbs!)

I'm REALLY glad I did because I didnt realize I was making a baby! Well I'd like to keep it up. I've cut out caffeine (was almost cut out anyway since we started trying) and I stopped drinking soda's. Only tea, juice, water or milk (ugh). Last night I had salmon w. steamed veggies! Then a good amount of potato chips! :dohh:

I'm not really sick yet so I can still eat what I plan. What changes have you made since you're expecting?

I've completely cut out caffeine in iced tea and soda. I have chocolate occasionally but this is a big feat for me because I drank iced tea all day, every day for a long time.

Other than that, I'm not doing much differently.

I haven't changed anything! Well I guess I cut out alcohol, but as for caffeine I've never drank more than a can pop or. Mug. Tea In the run of a day.

I've completely cut out caffeine in iced tea and soda. I have chocolate occasionally but this is a big feat for me because I drank iced tea all day, every day for a long time.

Other than that, I'm not doing much differently.

We make our own caffeine free iced tea and I drink that instead of soda.
I still plan on having a caffeinated cup of coffee here and there if needed but I havnt so far!

With my constant nausea I've not been able to eat much! But I have gone off all things sweet which is good, but it also means fruit which isn't so good :(
I have discovered though that cheese is a real help when I'm hungry-sick!! Which is funny as when my sister was pregnant she was addicted to babybel! My fridge is now full of babybel!! :haha:
I'm hoping my nausea will level out soon though so I can enjoy food again and get back to a more varied healthy diet!

I was eating tons of veggies before I was pregnant and before the m/s started, but now veggies are really hard to eat. I can still drink homemade fruit smoothies. I really only craved for maybe a week. Now I don't know what I want, and whatever I eat is disappointing.

hya, i looked up what the best foods to eat when you are pregnant and chose the things i like from the list so iv stocked up on
sweet potato
eggs
greek yogurt
green leafy veg( i h8 these but forcing myself to eat brocolli at least)
colourful fruit and veg( so far peppers, carrots, raspberries, cauliflower)

other then this im lettign myself eat what i want to eat, mainly toast with marmite(extra folate :) )
iv cut out caffieine as i only drink diet coke etc anyway so i stick to milk water and squash now
tuna is also good but no more then 4 cans a week xxxx

apparently walnuts, salmon, beans, popcorn and other whole grains, lean meats

There's not much I have the taste for now-a-days. I've always eaten pretty healthy with the occasional junk food here or there. Milk, eggs, cereal, English muffins, fruit & veggies seem to be my go-to right now. I ate a regular house salad yesterday and it tasted like the best thing I ever ate! So weird. I usually have a terrible sweet tooth, but can't stand the thought of most sweets right now, with the exception of fruit. Sometimes I want mac n cheese or chili, but don't have any on hand (guess I'll be making some this weekend.)

I'm usually a HUGE tea drinker (3-6 cups a day), but haven't had the slightest interest in drinking any lately. I've had a terrible taste for fruit juices & smoothies, so I had hubby go to Sam's Club and buy me some Naked & Bolthouse Farms fruit smoothies. They have been a life saver.

It makes it really hard for hubby to find something to eat since he's always waiting on me to decide. Last night I made him tortilla pizzas (which I loved last week) but couldn't stomach it myself so I made an egg scramble. I really miss food & can't wait for this phase to pass. :(

Week 5 has been SO much better then week 3 and 4! I wasn't able to enjoy much until this week. I am trying really hard to stay away from any food that will bloat me! I refuse to eat chinese food when I'm pregnant! The MSG is awful!

im only 4 weeks and im drinking caffeine free canada dry ginger ale, lots of water, milk. for eating i love fish but i have to cut it out of my diet because i dont want mercury levels to reach the baby. i have no problem cutting fish away. i try to eat enough meats(chicken or beef) daily. for snacks i eat honey graham crackers, several bowls of diced peaches, and iron/(folate)folic acid fortified cereals i need to make a meal plan to go along with my flinstones(alternative to the nausea-inducing prenatals). i do need more vegetables and fruits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->